Author Topic: Quiz or Quizas? Part 2: "Quizas Reloaded"(answers now posted)  (Read 7850 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Howdy!

Welcome, folks to "Quiz or Quizas 2" AKA Quizas Reloaded.  A little quiz put together by yours truly for the pleasure of you good people.  Now, as Celeste (co-writer) pointed out to me, as I was about to come up with my short list of questions, that as most of you have the screenplay of BBM, and I know what big cheats you all are, that you would just grab the book and flick to the right page.  So, I have tried to make it a little harder for all you cheats out there, but seeing as we all know the quotes pretty well this should be a walk in the park(or should I say a walk up the mountain) for most of us. 

This is the second part of the triliogy:  Quizas, Quizas Reloaded (a special complete the quote edition) and The Quizas Revolutions. I thought that I would make this one a complete the line edition for all of you who are more about the words than the aesthetics. If you missed Quizas part 1 then you can still play it here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1270.0. The answers have now been posted on that one but you can still play along at home. ;D
Then that is definitely it for me on the quiz front.  I know I said that before but this time I am maxed out, "I swear".

Anyway, I figured the best way to do this is for you to copy and paste the questions to a PM and answer them as a PM and then send it to me.  This will then be marked and your score will be posted on this thread (unless otherwise stated in your PM).

After the quiz is first posted (today May 22nd), the quiz will close 12 days later on the 3rd of June. 12 days may be an odd number but it is only because I am on holiday from the 26th to the 2nd. Do not panic quiz fans this will not stop your enjoyment of the quiz, it just means that you may get your scores when I come back.  After the answers are posted, I will announce who is the winner of all.  Then it will be on to the next quiz.  There's no messing around here.  If you wish for all of your scores to be added together please state that in your PM to me.

I would just like to say a special thanks to: Celeste, my quiz partner, for all the help with adapting the questions and cutting down the shortlist; of course, the brilliant mods here at "The Lighter Side Of The Mountain": Will, Fran, AnnMarie and Memento; and last, but not least, Philip, who has brought happiness to me through this site for the last few weeks. :-* 
Also before I start I would just like to inform you that I have got my quotes from the screenplay and seeing as the script for the film is different to the screenplay, I just thought I would warn you. Of course I am not going to be too picky, if you have got it about right I will give you the mark, or in some cases half marks.
Also to do with the marking: I am looking for the whole sentence, not just the soundbyte and if what I have put up is already a sentence on it's own I am looking for the next sentence that character says.
If you need any help, just remember that the quotes are in order so if you get stuck just thing of where that particular quote would feature in the film.

On with the Quiz:

Quizas Reloaded: Special complete the quote edition.

1)If you pair ….

2)Those camps…

3)You got your dogs…

4)Nice to meet you…

5)My second year …

6)Once curve…

7)Only thing…

8)I doubt there’s a …

9)Come in…

10)Happy to switch…

11)Shot a Coyote…

12)I’m spurrin’…

13)Uh, uh…

14)You’ll get pitched…

15)Fuck Aguirre?

16)I can spare you…

17)The count…

18)Give it some gas…

19)Might go up to …

20)You may kiss…

21)My old lady’s…

22)Jenny stopped…

23)There’s a cheap place…

24)Let ‘em rip…

25) Like to buy…

26) Save your money…

27) Woooeee… Look…

28) Hell, how would I know…

29) Fast…

30) My daddy’s…

Extra questions round, for those of you that are extra special(cause I can't go a whole quiz without any aesthetics questions)

31) What does it say under the post box that Ennis puts the card to Jack in?

32) How many cars are in the parking lot while Ennis is waiting for Jack to arrive?

33) What does Alma Jr. insist on coloring in her coloring book?

34) How much did Jack make that year he nearly starved?

35) How many times is coffee mentioned in the film?

;D GONE QUIZIN'  ;D

=UPDATE=
The answers have now been posted for all you junkies. But do not dispare if you have not yet taken the quiz. You can still do the questions yourselves and then check the answers that have been posted later in this thread, I trust you to mark your own....I think. Of course if you prefer for me to mark your quiz I would be happy to, but you just need to state in your PM that you are sending me the answers for Quizas 1. And if you have missed it you can always look for "Quizas Revolutions" that will be posted tomorrow.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:56:13 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
I guess no one wants to play! I will just sit here and twiddle my thumbs then. ::)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline JulietteMontague

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
I'm trying, but real life keeps interfering!   :D
I just want to celebrate another day of living.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I seem not to have that problem at the moment! I have WAY too much spare time on my hands, would you like some? ;D

Offline JulietteMontague

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Yes, I'd love to take some!  I have to leave now to go buy a new washer and dryer...  Real life stuff, and I should be grateful I'm not saying I have to go buy a washboard!   :laugh:
I just want to celebrate another day of living.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
I know I am such a big liar! I am sorry! I know I am 10 days later that I planned on being, but I just had to get my life back on track, you know get back to GMT, go to school and unpack(which I actually havent done). But anyway you guys didn't stick up to your end of the bargain either. I said I wanted to see atleast 5 in my PM box by the time I got back but to my dismay only 2 poped up. So this 3 day extention is both for you and me as it will allow more of you to play and give me more time to mark and get my last quizas ready.
This one is no way as hard as the others, I mean most of us are already word perfect, so this should be a walk in the park for us brokies. Come on you know you want to, especially you Fran!
So the closing date for this quiz is the 15th of June, Enjoy!

Your Loyal Quiz-mistress,
Beckala :-*

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
I got all of them, including the extras, except, "Uh Uh."--tonikght will be my 27tyh time (noit counting the DVDs), and I giotta GO---NOW...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Thanks, Becky.  This was was even more fun than the first one.  I really appreciate your effort here and can't wait to see my score.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Juliettemontague's score!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 03:54:52 pm »
Denise scored:25

Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 2. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it! Ennis and Jack would be proud, you are a true Brokie through and through. You came up trumps....Oh, no wait a minute that was the beans.

Well done Denise!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Toast's score!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 03:57:01 pm »
Toast got: 32

Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 2. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it! Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!

Very well done Toast!  ;D