Author Topic: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS  (Read 21625 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 05:40:07 am »
You're breaking my heart, Leslie.  ;) Angie and her life/past raises personal issues for me too, but in good ways. I just love her. But we're allowed to disagree about some things, I s'pose. If you start dissing Jake, however, it's over, babe.   :D

I will never, ever diss Jake, sweetheart, you have my word on that!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 05:58:09 am »
TOM CRUISE

GEORGE W. BUSH

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

rtprod

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:16 am »
You're breaking my heart, Leslie.  ;) Angie and her life/past raises personal issues for me too, but in good ways. I just love her. But we're allowed to disagree about some things, I s'pose. If you start dissing Jake, however, it's over, babe.   :D

Well I'll take this one on and chance steering the subject in a wrong-headed direction.

Jake, GET OVER YOURSELF, and realize that "kissing another human being with a soul," as your co-star so elegantly put it, was just that----none of us really need to know how you confronted your own lifelong "homophobia" and the degree of "difficulty" it took, in order to enjoy a beautiful movie. 

Now you all can say it:  "RT, GET OVER YOURSELF!"   ;D

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 10:31:08 am »
Well I'll take this one on and chance steering the subject in a wrong-headed direction.

Jake, GET OVER YOURSELF, and realize that "kissing another human being with a soul," as your co-star so elegantly put it, was just that----none of us really need to know how you confronted your own lifelong "homophobia" and the degree of "difficulty" it took, in order to enjoy a beautiful movie. 

rt

Do you think it may be because, uh, ahem, Mr. G is perhaps confused about his own sexuality? Hmmm?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 11:40:04 am »

Now you all can say it:  "RT, GET OVER YOURSELF!"   ;D

rt

rt, you are on dangerous ground here. ;D

I agree that Jake did not handle the whole kissing another guy and the intimacy very gracefully.  Over all, he is still a very likeable person.

Do you think it may be because, uh, ahem, Mr. G is perhaps confused about his own sexuality? Hmmm?

L

Leslie, I don't know if it's because Jake is confused about his own sexuality.  Don't want to venture a guess there. 

My take is this is a direct reflection of his anxiety to all the media attention on the topic.  I cut him some slack since he is still very young and have to stand for all the scrutiny on his sexuality.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 12:36:51 pm »
I can think of one, no actually TWO, French actors you may have heard of, who fall into this category:

Alain Delon: now, you'll never catch HIM smiling, too damn self important for that. And he is at the political extreme right.

Gérard Depardieu: sorry, can't bear him. He loves himself, in fact he never ACTS, he is always his over the top self. (I only liked him in "Cyrano de Bergerac")

And yes, Tom f***ing Cruise, anytime!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 12:54:48 pm »

I agree that Jake did not handle the whole kissing another guy and the intimacy very gracefully.  Over all, he is still a very likeable person.

Leslie, I don't know if it's because Jake is confused about his own sexuality.  Don't want to venture a guess there. 

My take is this is a direct reflection of his anxiety to all the media attention on the topic.  I cut him some slack since he is still very young and have to stand for all the scrutiny on his sexuality.

Well said, Jenny.  I agree wholeheartedly on all counts.
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 01:07:14 pm »

Yep I agree.....I personally didn't see anything wrong with what he said...he was honest and open!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 02:05:20 pm »

See, this is one reason I try to avoid seeing the actors from BBM in so-called "real life" -- on Oprah or anywhere else. (Still, I can't resist print interviews with Heath, and he does usually sound smart and honorable and cool, particularly in that Rolling Stone one.)

rtprod

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 02:07:58 pm »
See, this is one reason I try to avoid seeing the actors from BBM in so-called "real life" -- on Oprah or anywhere else. (Still, I can't resist print interviews with Heath, and he does usually sound smart and honorable and cool, particularly in that Rolling Stone one.)

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. 

Jake attached some very distracting baggage to those beautiful scenes.  Who wants to think about him being so skittish when we're trying to focus on the unbridled passion of the characters?