Author Topic: Please HELP!!  (Read 14533 times)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Please HELP!!
« on: March 25, 2006, 07:02:01 pm »
Hi My friends....Just needed to let you know that I need help.  I need your strength...your positive thoughts and your love for my Friend.  My Dearest friend in the WHOLE WORLD...38 years of kicking around together...loving each other and caring deeply.  We rushed him to ER on Monday morning and he's critically ill.  He's just been diagnosed with Tuberculosis AND AIDS...!!! 
I can't tell you how grief stricken I am right now.  I go to San Francisco almost every day and just sit with him and hold his hand.  I'm so sad I can hardly explain it.  My heart is breaking.  This guy has been my rock....for ALL these years.  I've cried with him through all his lost loves....and he's cried with me...over mine. 

I won't be posting too much here for a little bit...I'm exhausted and trying to keep MYSELF together too. 

My LOVE to you ALL....Nancy  :'(
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Please HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:39:33 pm »
Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I was the primary caregiver for the last year for a friend (we were never lovers) who dies of AIDS in 1991.  What hurt him most is that most people in our circle of friends "disappeared" after he got really sick. 

I mention this because your attention, love, and caring is very important to your friend, I'm sure.  You already know this, but I wanted to reinforce the point just the same.  My friend, Roland Green, had time enough to make peace with himself and his family and  the fact that he was dying.  In his heart, I think he even forgave the "friends" who abandoned him before the end (something I still haven't been able to do).

In any case, I'm SURE your visits are a source of strength and love for your friend, and I'm SURE he's very grateful, whether or not he's the kind of man who can express it verbally.

Hang in there, my dear! 
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:14:29 pm »
Dear Nancy-- please do know that all of us are keeping you and your dear one in our thoughts and prayers, and we lift you up, send you strength, and support you both without end. Is there anything else we can do from a distance?  Cards, flowers? With much love, Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:04:46 am »
Dearest Nancy,
Please let us know if there's anything at all we can do for you and your friend.  I'm saddened that his prognosis looks to be so poor.  I know he must find great comfort in the friendship you've shared throughout the years and now in the end.  Please remember to try to take care of yourself during this time too.  I know that's much easier said than done, but even small meditative 5- or 10-minute breaks can make a big difference in keeping you centered.  You both are in my heart and prayers.  Definitely let us know if there's anything else at all you need.  We seem to have built up quite a network of caring involved people in a short amount of time...Anything you need at all, I'm sure we can muster.  We love you.
Peace and gratitude,
Lynne
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 04:45:50 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:33:46 am »
Dear Nancy,

My thoughts and love are with you and your friend, he is so fortunate to have a friend as dear as you. Your comfort and strength will help him more than you'll know. Remember to take care of yourself while you take care of him too. Modern medicine works wonders, I know several people who have come back from the brink with AIDS and are living full lives again. Your support for him will help him in ways that the doctors can't. Hang in there and know we are all thinking of you both.

Much love,

Tim

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:07:02 am »
My Dear Friends...

Thank you SO SO very much for your thoughts and good wishes.  I can't TELL you what it meant to me this morning...to hear from you and KNOW that you're here with me.  Isn't it amazing....the fact that total strangers can care SO much about each other?  I should reword that....though.  Total strangers in FACT...but dear friends in our hearts.  Every morning when i wake up I think of you ALL!!  Lynne and her MOM....Iris and her blossoming heart...Philip and his open arms...TIM....Aussie...Steve...Impie!!  ALL of you have helped my sadness...and are holding me tight in your arms.  I take this strength with me...each day....and wrap them around my dear friend.  THANK YOU....!!!

I'm off for my drive to SF...picking up one of my friends cars....he's got four of em and they're all accumulating tickets on his street.  One of my gal pals is driving me in today...whew!!  His name is Everett...btw...!! 

Love to all.......Nancy 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 04:10:42 pm »
Everett is very lucky to have you as his friend.  Please know you both are in my thoughts.

J.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 04:30:33 pm »
Hi My friends....Just needed to let you know that I need help.  I need your strength...your positive thoughts and your love for my Friend.  My Dearest friend in the WHOLE WORLD...38 years of kicking around together...loving each other and caring deeply.  We rushed him to ER on Monday morning and he's critically ill.  He's just been diagnosed with Tuberculosis AND AIDS...!!! 

Oh wow... I am so sorry to hear about this.  Remember we are all here for you and will keep your friend in our thoughts.  Let's hope the advancements in medicine can offer some hope here as well.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 07:31:23 pm »
Hello BBMGrandma,
I was very sorry to hear about your friend.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do but in the mean time I am thinking of you.  Remember during this time that it is okay if you need some time on your own to recharge (and listen to the Brokeback soundtrack perhaps??)

Stripey
Cheerio,
PJ

horo04

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 10:15:21 pm »
Hello bbmgrandma...hope all is well with your friend.  It is a bummer when we get ill...we should never take our days for granted.  Your friend must get better....I swear! :)