Author Topic: Please HELP!!  (Read 14611 times)

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Re: Please HELP!!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:41 pm »
Hi Nancy,
I'm lost for words - all I can say is how sorry I am...remember that the memories you have with Everett are eternal even if the body is not,

Your friend,

Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 03:00:38 am »
Jeez, did anyone make it through Nancy's last post without welling up?  So much love...

Nancy, bless you, you are the best friend anyone could have.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 03:16:53 am »
Nancy,
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date about Everett.  I am so sorry for what you're going through right now.  You're so right in cherishing all those wonderful memories.  You and both in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.
Love,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 03:27:23 am »
Oh Nancy, I sure didn't get through your last post without welling up. I've been thinking about you and Everett on and off all day, feeling almost envious of you, that you have had such a wonderful, steady friend for so many years of your life, and that now to have the great gift of being with him as he passes over into whatever waits beyond, as he sheds his pain and transforms into pure spirit.  What a most precious, powerful time for you. We do pass through the sadness, and find the joy that awaits us when we do.  My loving thoughts are with you every moment.  Elaine
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 04:09:24 am »
Hi Everyone....

It's me....but I won't be too long this evening.  It's down to hours now...!!  Ya know...Iris....I know exactly what you mean about being priviliged to hold Everett's hand as he goes on his journey.  It's a very VERY precious experience.  I've cried enough now....at this point I want our hands to hold each others...with LOVE, not sadness.  I want it to be filled with JOY!! 

His other pal is there tonight...I'll retuirn in the early morning.  I can't sleep so I'm doing some fuin stuff tonight.  Going through old  pictures....thinking about some more good times.

I have a cute story to tell....Well...it's CUTE now but it wasn't at the time.  When Everett and I would go out...<remember this was 38 years ago>  here we were.....I was <in those days...> a pretty 'hot' looking tall blonde.  Everett was a very good looking....sexy lookin...HOT black guy!!  Well....I can't tell you how many times we were pulled over by the police!  They would go NUTS when they'd see us together.  We used to 'bait' em...sometimes.  We'd wait till we were in view of a police car...and I'd lean over and give him a WILD SMOOCH!!  OMG...they'd 'tail' us for an hour.  Waiting for us to do ANYTHING wrong.  We'd laugh sooooooooo hard!! 

Whenever his parents came to visit him...from out of state...LOL LOL  I HAD to play his 'girlfriend'   ::)  They LOVED me...it was so cute.  They were such a cute couple.  Both college professors...and VERY proper.  Once in a while I'd have to POKE Everett in the ribs and tell him to snuggle closer....or give me a little kiss once in a while.  LOL OL...he'd laugh and say...."Ewww....do I HAVE TO?"  hahah!! 

Anyway....I'm rambling again...but it feels good to talk about my pal.  I miss him already!!   

G'night everyone....and OMG...thank you SO much for your WISHES!!  I printed out all your replies...and I'm going to read them all to Everett tomorrow.  I KNOW he can hear me...still!! 

Everett.....I swear....! 

Love Nancy   :-*
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 01:21:17 am »
 Nancy, you ARE the best friend Everett could have.  No doubt he appreciates the journery on which you are helping through.  My prayers are with both of you.   :'(

J.

PS One day I hope to deserve a friend as good as you.  You are definitely someone special.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 02:06:14 am »
Dear Nancy,

Death is a transition from one form to another and what form we take greatly depends, not only on the life we have led, but on how we die.   A happy death has a powerful, positive effect on the form we take next. 

So, as I am taught in the Tibetan tradtion, to help a dying friend be as comfortable and as happy as possible is one the greatest gifts anyone can give: To help him, ease his fear, help him to know that this is not the end, but a beginning of a new life. 

I wish you all the warmth, courage and love to help Everett now as you always have. 

Peace be with you both,
Rayn

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 06:01:18 am »
Good Evening friends...
Dear Nancy,

Death is a transition from one form to another and what form we take greatly depends, not only on the life we have led, but on how we die.   A happy death has a powerful, positive effect on the form we take next. 

So, as I am taught in the Tibetan tradtion, to help a dying friend be as comfortable and as happy as possible is one the greatest gifts anyone can give: To help him, ease his fear, help him to know that this is not the end, but a beginning of a new life. 

Well....Everett's new journey has begun.  His hand slipped out of mine at 9:30 this morning.  He's safe now....truly safe.  He was SO surrounded by love as he left.  WARM wraparound HUGS....kisses...and just plain old love.  I'm re-reading my guiding light this evening...."The Tibetan book of Living and Dying"  Such wise words and teachings have lifted me up SO very many times.

I feel very much at peace tonight.  I wasn't going to come in here tonight but then I realized how very much I NEED you all.  I tried to sleep but my mind and heart were SO filled with love....that I was wide awake.  I re-read all your beautiful thoughts...and savored each one.  I had printed them all and read them to Everett.  He heard me...I know that!!  His journey started very peacefully as his soul left his body. 

I'll write more about my friend in my personal blog.  He deserves SO much more...but I know he'll be peeking over my shoulder as I write.  He'll smile...and KNOW that I will hold him in my heart....forever. 

I need a few days away....from here....from everyone.  It's my way of dealing with grief.  I'm going to dig in my garden and plant a TREE for my pal.  He will have a REDWOOD tree....tall and sturdy.  Only the BEST for my pal. 

Be well....everyone....and TELL people that you love them....always!! 

Much MUCH love....Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline strazeme

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 09:07:51 am »
BBMGrandma tells me that her friend died peacefully this morning.  As we'd expect, she won't be able to re-join us here for a while.  It hasn't been easy, but she seems to be holding up well.  She's a great friend, and it was inspiring to see how she could be there for him when he needed her.

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 11:43:46 am »

I need a few days away....from here....from everyone.  It's my way of dealing with grief.

Entirely understandable, and even healthy: it's best to allow yourself to feel and not shove such strong emotions away.  The death of a loved one is such a huge turn-of-the-page in the book of life.

We're all thinking of you, and thank you for sharing your love for Everett with us. 

Bill
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.