Author Topic: Please HELP!!  (Read 14588 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: Please HELP!!
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 10:37:53 am »
I DO too Rayn....just added YOU onto mine.....

Hugsss....Nancy

Ok.. you got it.. 

Love,
Rayn

TJ

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 04:36:26 pm »
Nancy, it is very sad that you had to be a "beard" for your friend, Everett. May the peace that surpasses all understanding be with you today.

While I might not completely understand what you have gone through as a woman who had a male friend with a HIV/AIDS symptomatic disease, I know what it is like to lose the best friend I have ever had who also had HIV and an "AIDS" symptomatic disease, a viral brain infection - PML for short (its very long written out).

According to the neurologist who diagnosed Ed, there was no connection with the PML and the HIV. But, the fact that he did have HIV qualified him for help from local AIDS service agencies and even help me get help for Ed's Social Security Disability through a specially assigned person who worked with the SSA in the Hollywood, CA office. That also help us to get a lawyer who did volunteer work with AIDS patients and it was through him that I got the needed powers of attorney for Ed's affairs and his health concerns, too.

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 10:27:00 pm »
Hello ... I'm new here and yet do not feel like I am butting in since everyone here is so welcoming.  Soon will be the 5th anniversary of the moment when a close friend. soul mate really, breathed her last as I held her hand and the pain of the cancer was no more.  Nancy, I offer you my encouragement ... as someone wise told me, you don't get over these things, you get through them.  You know that you are changed, and you can become grateful for the incredible intimacy of the experience once the pain begins to dull around the edges.  I am still learning the lessons which grew out of my beloved friend's four-year battle with the loss of all that this earth has to offer... the pain and ultimately the grace that came from watching her young son watch her die inch by inch, watching her hopes for a cure evaporate into hopes for a quiet moment in a wheelchair in the hospital courtyard, manning the morphine pump when she could no longer do it for herself, lifting her out of the hospital bed one final time, and watching that young son's face become a mask of horror as I placed her ashes into the ground.  Just last night, I smiled through the tears when recounting the story of spreading some of her ashes in our beloved Alaska and having aother friend take some of them to the Amazon River.  Like you did, I planted a tree for my beloved friend.  You know that you will find other ways to honor the love that you shared.  Bless you in your journey.  You are not alone.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."