Author Topic: Brokeback DVD Deal  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Brokeback DVD Deal
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:21:28 pm »
I am trying to work out the best possible deal on the DVD when it is released.  Currently it looks like Overstock is going to be it at around $18 shipped, but I am going to try and wing some free shipping deals or find something closer to $17.  If you haven't ordered yet, don't be in a hurry because I can usually find some great deals and coupons on such things. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Brokeback DVD Deal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:37:27 am »
I posted an explanation of Amazon's deal elsewhere:  I pre-ordered BBM for $16.98 and got free shipping with 2nd-day air by signing up for a 3-month trial of "Amazon Prime." 

Actually, I started my free trial over a month ago, but even without it Amazon gives free shipping on any order over $25, so if you need or want something else, you can get free shipping that way.  However, that's with UPS ground, 3-5 business days.

If you sign up for the free trial today, wait until tomorrow for your Prime membership to work its way throught the system, then order BBM.  You'll get it on April 6. 

Unlike  free trials at other companies, Amazon Prime allows you to "pre-cancel" your free trial.  Once your trial is active, click on "Your Account" then go to "manage your Prime membership."  There you can set your trial to expire...  I think it's something like "Do NOT upgrade to Prime when my free trial expires."  This way, you don't even have to remember to cancel, and you'll still get 3-months' worth of free 2nd-day air.  Sweet!
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 01:03:29 pm »
Amazon Prime is a prime way for them to extract money from your wallet.   ;D  Most people probably forget to cancel the free trial..  The Amazon free shipping often uses "expedited" standard mail.  They use a private carrier to send the shipment to your local post office where it goes out standard (when there's room on the truck we send it) mail.  I've waited more than a week using Amazon's free shipping, so I don't order much from them.  But you seem to have found the trick. 

I'm all about finding the lowest possible price for our BetterMost visitors.  You may have done that.  Many of the discount sites still seem to have it rather higher priced than Amazon, which is unusual.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 01:12:10 pm »
I am working on step by step instructions that people can follow in one message to run with this deal.  It'll also kick back around a dollar to BetterMost for every order placed.