Author Topic: TOTW 15/08: Confetti Quiz  (Read 35732 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: TOTW 15/08: Confetti Quiz
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 06:42:43 am »
Okay, good topic, but can we go back to the confetti quiz?  (Should we split the Aguirre's trailer topic off for continued discussion?)

Q:  What did Ennis and Jack do with the remains of the giant elk?

A: bury it?  ??? Just to make sure Game and Fish didn't catch them with no elk.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 12:37:59 pm »
God. Who could cut the HEAD off a lamb and then stick it on their wall?  :P  >:(

I never DID like Aguirre. He makes me mad!  >:( >:(

We're all etitled to our opinions, correct?  :D

yep, or who would cut off the head of a rabbit and stick it on their wall? I think rabbits are sweet inoffensive creatures. If this pic is of a Jackalope, then that is evidence of animal mutilation. Kill two animals and sew and glue their parts together and hang it on the wall. Gawd! To me that is just a sick as using a lamb's head as a trophy.

shouldn't trophies really be only of predators which are capable of killing the hunter? as a matter of fact, why is it such a great honor to have a trophy of an inoffensive herbivorous deer on the wall anyway?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 12:41:05 pm »
Okay, good topic, but can we go back to the confetti quiz?  (Should we split the Aguirre's trailer topic off for continued discussion?)

Q:  What did Ennis and Jack do with the remains of the giant elk?

A- they dried part of the meat, roasted part of the meat, and buried the rest. sorry no trophy for Aguirre's wall. :P

Q- In what make of cattle truck does Ennis hitch a ride into Signal in 1963?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 11:52:42 am »
Q- In what make of cattle truck does Ennis hitch a ride into Signal in 1963?

A: A Kenworth.

That was a hard one for someone living in Europe (and apparently not only for me, since the question remained unanswered for two days).
I'll go with something easier:

Q: Which of his two shirts did Ennis wear in TS1?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 02:25:06 pm »

That was a hard one for someone living in Europe (and apparently not only for me, since the question remained unanswered for two days).

very good, yes the truck is a "KW" by Kenworth, or a "K-Whopper" as it is affectionately known by those who drive them. A bit of further trivia. the KW truck pictured in the film was not in use on the roads until the mid to late 1970's. So, using this truck in the section of the film set in 1963 is a error on the part of the crew in the film. It still looks good anyway!  ;)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 02:37:02 pm »

Very true. I tried to find an answer but I just gave up. Chrissi, you know your American trucks!  ;D

very good, yes the truck is a "KW" by Kenworth, or a "K-Whopper" as it is affectionately known by those who drive them. A bit of further trivia. the KW truck pictured in the film was not in use on the roads until the mid to late 1970's. So, using this truck in the section of the film set in 1963 is a error on the part of the crew in the film. It still looks good anyway!  ;)

Well, that was new to me. But you're right, the truck looks good. I guess when us Europeans think about an American truck, this is what comes to mind.

What made you think it's a cattle truck? I looked at some stills but I couldn't figure it out.  ???

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 02:53:58 pm »
Very true. I tried to find an answer but I just gave up. Chrissi, you know your American trucks!  ;D

Well, that was new to me. But you're right, the truck looks good. I guess when us Europeans think about an American truck, this is what comes to mind.

What made you think it's a cattle truck? I looked at some stills but I couldn't figure it out.  ???

the trailer on the back appears to be designed for hauling livestock - multiple siding holes for vents, and what appears to be a collapsable side. it could be a sheep truck as well, but it just looked to me like it was designed with one level for cattle, rather than two levels for sheep.  :)

are Kenworth trucks not sold in the European market?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 03:28:49 pm »
the trailer on the back appears to be designed for hauling livestock - multiple siding holes for vents, and what appears to be a collapsable side. it could be a sheep truck as well, but it just looked to me like it was designed with one level for cattle, rather than two levels for sheep.  :)

Nope. They do have a manufactory in Australia, but nothing in Europe. Would be too expensive to ship them.
I had never heard of KW before. I found a list of important truck manufactorers in the US on wikipedia and recognizeed the KW sign.

I agree about the truck probably being a cattle truck. On the side sticks something out what appears to be straw, but it gets too blurred  when you zoom in, so I'm not sure.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 03:29:15 pm »

I don't know if you can buy them here, but I've never seen one. A 'normal' European truck would look something like this:

In fact, when I saw one of those big 'American' trucks in Canada last year I couldn't help but take a picture.  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 03:45:12 pm »
In fact, when I saw one of those big 'American' trucks in Canada last year I couldn't help but take a picture.  ;D

;D Yup. It's the "snout" (however you call it) what makes the American trucks so different from ours.