Author Topic: I know we've talked about this before, but  (Read 26791 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: I know we've talked about this before, but
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 08:44:15 pm »
There is no doubt the separation from Matilda would have been the hardest thing that Heath ever had to deal with.

I remember when my son and his wife first separated, and my son went into a deep grief about not having his kids on a day to day basis, missing out from sharing the ordinary day to day things that a lot of us take for granted. It is like a death to come to terms with, and it takes a long time to get used to. But, unlike a death, you have to get on with your job, and everything else, others dont know that you are mourning so much and so you are quite alone and have to bear it by yourself.

Most of Micehelle's grief would have been for the loss to Matilda, that she would not have her father. Whether she was engaged or married to Heath, they still shared a child, and still must have shared some wonderful times and plans with each other. And even though they were separated, her world too, was devastated by his death.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2008, 12:38:39 am »
Thank you, Sue, that was the only thing I was trying to say, although I guess I didn't do it very well.  When two people share a child, and those people loved each other, maybe still love each other -- one wants them to stay together.  I was simply saying that in my fantasies that will never come true, obviously, that I wish Heath and Michelle and Matilda, and whatever came after, could live happily ever after.  I wish life were that easy.  Never said that it would be the best thing we imagine Michelle or Heath would ever want.  Never said that for a second.  I only said I WISHed that it were true.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:09:37 pm by Mandy21 »
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:15 am »
Thank you, Sue, that was the only thing I was trying to say, although I guess I didn't do it very well.  When two people share a child, and those people loved each other, maybe still love each other -- one wants them to stay together.  I was simply saying that in my fantasies that will never come true, obviously, that I wish Heath and Michelle and Matilda, and whatever came after, could life happily ever after.  I wish life were that easy.  Never said that it would be the best thing we imagine Michelle or Heath would ever want.  Never said that for a second.  I only said I WISHed that it were true.

I could be very wrong, but some of the things I read make me feel that they both still loved each other.There was never any public slanging match after their separation,no tale telling,just a dignified silence.It may well have been one of those relationships where you can't live with the person,but can't live without them either.I also suspect much as I "love" Heath that he may not have been the easiest person to live with.All that energy and not being able to switch off, can be exhausting to the partner.
Looking at pictures of them together, before the split,they plainly adored each other.It was not a just for the cameras thing.
He was always staring at her, holding her hand,and vice versa.Heath I am sure would throw himself into a romance and love affair, as fully as he immersed himself in his roles.He showed no indication of doing anything in a halfhearted way.Every time he spoke of BBM he always said the best thing about it wa the 2 lovely girls he got.

Whatever latterly went on behind closed doors, we will never know, and we have no right to know.I always hoped before January, that they would find their way back to each other.It never seemed to me, like a fully closed door.That could just be the romantic side of me of course. I  took solace from the fact that neither of them resorted to publically disparaging  the other.Which in turn made me feel that maybe after a period of separation they would reunite. I particularly hoped it would happen, because Michelle seemed to be able to keep Heath on a much more even keel.He seemed more grounded when he was with her.

All of this is mere conjecture of course, but it is a scenario, that used to make me feel happy,and as it harms no one I am going to stick with it.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 12:17:24 pm »
All of this is mere conjecture of course, but it is a scenario, that used to make me feel happy,and as it harms no one I am going to stick with it.

Thanks, Fiona.  That's all I was trying to say, but you said it much better.   :)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 02:40:25 pm »
Thanks, Fiona.  That's all I was trying to say, but you said it much better.   :)

Friend you're very welcome.Pity that the rest is my normal verbose rambling, still it keeps me happy and out of mishief!!!