Author Topic: Proud to Present: A New Brokie  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Proud to Present: A New Brokie
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 07:06:01 pm »
Oh yes, I dont think any of us will ever forget those first feelings and emotions we had when we first saw the movie, not to mention the following days, months and now years where it still remains such a huge focus in our lives.

And you hear how someone who, now is seeing it for the first time, and you know exactly what they are feeling. Its amazing.

I too, whenever I meet someone for the first time, within a short time I am asking them if they have seen Brokeback, and most still have not. Makes me realize that there are still so many people out there, who I know will be amazed at this movie, and are yet to experience it.

Welcome Chris......enjoy the journey...

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: Proud to Present: A New Brokie
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 06:18:17 pm »
And, still to this day I'm reluctant to go see other movies... or I'm always slightly disappointed by other movies I see.  Essentially, my urge to go to the movies has been totally dampened by the BBM experience.  It was like the ultimate movie for me... and the rest just pale in comparison. 

Yep, Brokeback sure got us good.

I've found that too. I find myself watching things and thinking "How can the directors/actors/whatever want to work on something that doesn't actually *mean* something?" I guess though it's like reading a book, or watching a TV programme though - some you read/watch for purely entertainment purposes, some for education, and some because they have some meaning. Just as all books can't be high literature, not all films can be as powerful as BBM (and I really don't think there's anything that can surpass BBM), but I guess we've been a bit spoilt by BBM...we went along expecting to be merely entertained for a couple of hours, and came away with a whole new outlook...

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."