Author Topic: Fast Food Reviews  (Read 12541 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Fast Food Reviews
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:00:58 pm »
Are you a fan of fast food? If so, you'll probably want to read this.

With all these new fast food entrees recently, it's nice to know some facts ahead of time. If you click on the link below, you'll find reviews for fourteen new (or relatively new) fast food items, everything from McDonalds to KFC to Quiznos.

One new sandwich was described as "slimey, floppy and salty; so salty in fact, it should be thrown out to deers for use as a salt lick. 

Several new entrees received a D, and two received an F.

http://food.aol.com/fast-food-reviews

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Fast Food Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:37 pm »
I can't say I'm a fan of fast food, but I just had to see what was described as "slimey, floppy, and salty."  A lot of the pictures looked kind of gross, but that Burger King omelet thing looked positively disgusting.  The reviews were pretty funny to read, though!   :laugh:

Thanks, David !

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:00:16 pm »
That is an interesting website. I read some of the other sections.

I haven't tried any of those foods, but the McDonald's Southern chicken biscuit got an "A" -- I might try that one!  ;)  It looks and sounds pretty good.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:51:21 am »
I don't eat fast food often, but I get cravings once in a while.

I tried Taco Bell until I figured out everything they serve tastes the same, it just comes in different shapes.   :laugh:

I used to enjoy Wendy's Chili baked potato until someone said OMIGOD somebody threw up on your lunch!    :laugh:

But I still have a weakness for slyders, and they have the best chocolate shakes, so I have to stop by Château Blanc at least a couple of times a year.  ;D

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:18:47 am »
Ah! Chateau Blanc!  ;)

It's funny how we are strangely drawn to those things a few times each year, isn't it? Those square hamburgers with the chopped up onion and the pickle slice on top? LOL

I think they must secretly plant something in their hamburgers. Some secret drug that keeps us coming back. ;)

And White Castle is a Midwestern company too.... St. Louis I believe.

White Castle was my first fast food (Back when it was the only fast food!)  I know there's gotta be something in those chocolate shakes.  It's like sticking a straw into a can of Hershey's syrup.   ;D

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 01:38:15 am »
Yes. White Castle is FAMOUS in the Midwest. They always have been.

God, I love those chocolate shakes too! I haven't had one in years. Just the hamburgers. The next time I feel a crave coming on, I'll order one! :D

No, I mean it was literally the ONLY fast food!  Come sit on my knee sonny and I'll tell you what the world was like before McDonalds and Colonel Sanders and Big Boy.   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 01:53:26 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll sit on your knee, as long as you promise to BEHAVE!!  >:( >:(

;) ;) ;D ;D :D :D

I ain't makin no promises I can't keep!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Course we could just talk about the first thing that pops up.  (Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk)

It's late, I'm on call this week, got to be up by 6:00.  Talk more silliness to y'all tomorrow.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:52 am »
I think our version of White Castle is called Krystal -- they have little square hamburgers with chopped up onions and pickles. Yummy.

I like Sonic's caramel iced lattes and java chillers.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:04:20 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll sit on your knee, as long as you promise to BEHAVE!!  >:( >:(

;) ;) ;D ;D :D :D

more like you will sit on his knee if he promises NOT to behave... ;D ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:07:17 pm »
Anyone remember Burger Chef? You'd probably have to be from Indiana to remember it.

They'd put some sort of appalling cold slaw/tartar sauce mixture on their hamburgers, and GOD it was good!! :D

*waves hand*  I remember Burger Chef, David!  Maybe it was a midwest chain?  I don't remember that tartar sauce mixture, but, ya know, that sounds good!

White Castle was my first fast food (Back when it was the only fast food!)  I know there's gotta be something in those chocolate shakes.  It's like sticking a straw into a can of Hershey's syrup.   ;D

Ahh...yes - no discussion of fast food is complete without White Castle!  There used to be another chain called "Top Hat" that basically served the same food, but they may have been local.  I don't even remember the last time I had a slider, but this thread is making me hungry! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain