Author Topic: What do you like on your fries?  (Read 17395 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What do you like on your fries?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:12 pm »
Salt, vinegar and HP sauce. Chips, or fries as you lot call em, aint the same without  a good dollop of HP, in a butty. yummmmmmyyyyyyyy.

HP sauce, oh. now I am homesick.What wouldn't I give for a proper bacon sandwich with Hp sauce. The bacon here is all streaky, no back bacon and it is hard work to try and get a good crusty uncut white loaf. Oops, have to go now I'm dribbling on my laptop

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 08:37:50 pm »
There's that word again! :laugh:

What is HP sauce? Is it like steak sauce? Or worchestershire (sp?) sauce? And I'm REALLY curious to hear what a "butty" is!

My boyfriend is English, and he likes to eat his french fries on bread! He makes a sandwich out of them. I've tried it and it's very good. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 08:50:50 pm »
HP Sauce is a condiment; a popular brown sauce formerly produced in Aston, Birmingham, England, by HP Foods but now produced by H.J. Heinz in Elst, the Netherlands. It has a malt vinegar base blended with fruit and spices and is usually eaten as an adjunct to hot or cold savoury food, or used as an ingredient in soups or stews. It is the most well known brand of brown sauce in Canada and the United Kingdom as well as the best selling, with 71% of the UK market

It's a condiment!!! YaY! LOL.

A chip sandwich, french fry sandwich, or a chip butty as it is sometimes referred to in the United Kingdom and New Zealand, is a sandwich made with bread (usually white and buttered) and chips (french fries), often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) or brown sauce. [1] It was originally considered a working-class meal, served in pubs. It is more common in the north of England.

It's a french fry sandwich. You've had one, David. :) You've had a butty!

And you're a good buddy, too!!  ;D

(not drinking)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 09:11:25 pm »
It's a condiment!!! YaY! LOL.

A chip sandwich, french fry sandwich, or a chip butty as it is sometimes referred to in the United Kingdom and New Zealand, is a sandwich made with bread (usually white and buttered) and chips (french fries), often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) or brown sauce. [1] It was originally considered a working-class meal, served in pubs. It is more common in the north of England.

It's a french fry sandwich. You've had one, David.  You've had a butty!

Yup! That sounds just like it. I remember him buttering his bread too. Funny though, I've never heard him talk about HP sauce or buttys. Maybe he did and it simply went in one ear and out the other! lol

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 10:43:03 pm »

Here you go... for all you HP lovers

O.K that's it. Now I have seen the bottle I am going to have to go and pay the extortionate price at Publix. Then I am going to have to bake my own loaf.I am no longer in denial,I am out the closet and simply have to have a chip butty.I am even going to make my own fat chips.The only question is whether I can wait until tomorrow.I am going to avoid these food polls now. !!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 03:24:03 am »
Yeah here in Oz we call them "chips" too...except when we go to Mcdondalds where they are called "fries".

Chip sandwiches on fresh white bread are delicious.

A kids favourite here is chips and gravy........you can buy that at a take-away.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 04:13:04 am »
There's that word again! :laugh:

What is HP sauce? Is it like steak sauce? Or worchestershire (sp?) sauce? And I'm REALLY curious to hear what a "butty" is!

My boyfriend is English, and he likes to eat his french fries on bread! He makes a sandwich out of them. I've tried it and it's very good. :)

There ya go David, now you know what a chip butty is.  :laugh:  Make sure you have PLENTY of butter on your bread though; this is so when you take a big delicious bite, all the butter drips down your chin.  :laugh:  HP sauce is the KINIG of sauces, yummmmmyyyyyyy.  God now I want one and it,s only 9.15 in the morning for Christs sake.  :laugh: :laugh:  Oh and next time your boyfriend comes over from England, make sure you ask him to bring you a bottle of HP.  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 04:22:30 am »
Yeah here in Oz we call them "chips" too...except when we go to Mcdondalds where they are called "fries".

Chip sandwiches on fresh white bread are delicious.

A kids favourite here is chips and gravy........you can buy that at a take-away.

Those damn Americans!! ;) :laugh:

I'm very curious about chips and gravy now!! :D

There ya go David, now you know what a chip butty is.  :laugh:  Make sure you have PLENTY of butter on your bread though; this is so when you take a big delicious bite, all the butter drips down your chin.  :laugh:  HP sauce is the KINIG of sauces, yummmmmyyyyyyy.  God now I want one and it,s only 9.15 in the morning for Christs sake.  :laugh: :laugh:  Oh and next time your boyfriend comes over from England, make sure you ask him to bring you a bottle of HP.  :laugh:

I'll ask him to bring a bottle Souxi!! I'll mention it to him tomorrow when I call him. :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 10:48:16 am »
Yeah, and I like the ones that are all crunch -- the ones down at the bottom -- too!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~