Author Topic: Is it just me, or is Heath's absence still hitting others hard?  (Read 16221 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Is it just me, or is Heath's absence still hitting others hard?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 01:24:12 pm »
Gyllenhaal speaks at last.

Well I guess one out of two is better than nothing.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:11:13 pm »
I saw a pic in a magazine today, of Michelle with an un-named man, wallkiing down the street, and the man was pushing matilda in her pram.....

I know Michelle has to move on, but it left an ache in me and so much sadness......it definitately "dont look right"....

Already??? Of course we don,t know who it was, it may well have been a friend and nothing more, but it,s a bit sudden if he is indeed more than a friend.....don,t you think?

It may be too soon for us, but it's not too soon for her.

Quoting from Holly Millea's interview with Michelle -- dated January 8, 2008 -- which appeared in April's Elle magazine:

"All in all, how long has it been?" Williams says, nestled in an overstuffed chair in the hotel, holding a glass of red wine.   Looking up at the ceiling, she measures the time passed since their engagement ended.  "Six months.  It's been long and not long.  It feels like yesterday and it feels like years ago, but not six months.  The distraction of work is utterly valuable.  When I have too much free time, that's when things start to get a little messy."  Tears pool in her eyes.  She smiles one of those smiles.  "Matilda's the prize.  She's bigger to me than any relationship, bigger than the awards.  She's what came out of it."

Based on Michelle's comment of it being six months and the date of the interview, they must have split up in June of 2007, but the official announcement came months later.  (I'm guessing early September.)  It's been a year now.  I think Michelle's entitled to some happiness.  She's young; she should be in a relationship.  She'll be a better mother to Matilda if she's happy.  I hope she finds someone else who can sweep her off her feet, someone with whom she can live happily ever after.

But I agree that seeing her linked romantically with someone else will take some getting used to. 

The guy with the dark glasses is just an old friend of hers, they were strolling together even when she was with Heath.

Is that Dan Estabrook by any chance?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:43:53 pm by Fran »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:15 pm »
Is that Dan Estabrook by any chance?

Yeah, I think it is! :)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:55 am »
I didn't know who Dan Estabrook is, so I Googled the name and found this interview with Michelle that appeared in the April 2008 Elle magazine (no relation to me).  :)  http://www.elle.com/featurefullstory/13724/michelle-williams-elle-april-2008.html

But here's something that shocked me, when I Googled him - look at the name of the website where his work is represented.  Does anyone see it the way I did?  http://www.edelmangallery.com/estabrook.htm

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 04:49:45 am »
But here's something that shocked me, when I Googled him - look at the name of the website where his work is represented.  Does anyone see it the way I did?  http://www.edelmangallery.com/estabrook.htm

No, Elle. I don't get what you mean. What's shocking?

I quite like the look of that site and the gallery's exhibited work.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 04:56:16 am »
No, Elle. I don't get what you mean. What's shocking?

I quite like the look of that site and the gallery's exhibited work.

j. U. d. E.

The name of it is www.edelmangallery.com

The first moment I saw that, my eyes read it as "E Del Mar Gallery," like our own Adam's username, EDelMar.

:)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 09:05:31 am »

The name of it is www.edelmangallery.com

The first moment I saw that, my eyes read it as "E Del Mar Gallery," like our own Adam's username, EDelMar.

:)

Oh I saw that, but it was E Del Man, so I thought that could not be it.  ;)

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline optom3

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 11:01:21 am »
I didn't know who Dan Estabrook is, so I Googled the name and found this interview with Michelle that appeared in the April 2008 Elle magazine (no relation to me).  :)  http://www.elle.com/featurefullstory/13724/michelle-williams-elle-april-2008.html

Before I even read what you had written, my eyes just went straight to the www. line and I just thought,  WTF !!! edelmar !!! Then I looked again and saw what was actually written.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:03 am »
{{{j.U.d.E.}}} and {{{Fiona}}}  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:37 am »
But actually, I came to this thread to write, the following -

Can you fucking believe it?  :(  I had a long phone conversation with a fellow Heathen and Brokie this afternoon, which was a wonderful treat, but somehow I now feel more sadness.  While talking, I realized that in my head I have a fantasy that the 2013 BBM opera is going to star Heath and Jake.  In my rational mind I know that's not true, but when I imagine us there sitting and watching it (and I will), I imagine them as Ennis and Jack, not some opera singers.  So I feel sadder and bereft-er tonight than I have in a while.