Author Topic: Another Liberal Project (for U.S. Residents)  (Read 2986 times)

LakeStupid

Another Liberal Project (for U.S. Residents)
« on: May 28, 2006, 12:10:46 pm »
Hey gang,

It's me David Thomas, again.  I know it's been a while since I've been around... but I had something that I thought some people over here might be interested in.  Sadly, this is only for residents of the United States -- and preferably ones who are active voters.  I really wish everyone could be involved... but it's just not possible.

At least regarding what I am posting.  I encourage any abroad Brokies to look into their own governing system and find out what they can do to help.

You see...

Right now Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the First Amendment of the Internet -- a principle called "network neutrality" that preserves the free and open Internet. Congress needs to hear from you today or they will hand over control of what you do online to companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast.

Politicians are trading favors for campaign donations from these companies. They're being wooed by people like AT&T's CEO, who says "the Internet can't be free."

So go to the link below to sign the petition -- your letter will be sent to your Sentators and Congresspersons.
http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet

I was informed about this through a FoxNews criticism website called www.newshounds.us which is encouraging everyone to get five people to join the movement.  I already e-mailed eight of my close friends... I thought I would let everyone know about it here, too.

All the best... and I miss using these cowboy emoticons so bad, so here we go...  :D
A giant YEE-HAAAAAAW to all of my fellow Brokies!

David Thomas (more popularly known as TheStudDuck)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Another Liberal Project (for U.S. Residents)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:01:07 pm »
...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

O0

Heathen

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:46:02 pm »
I'm not even 18 but I live in the U.S. and I signed, then emailed it to three friends.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 11:13:23 pm »
Cool!  Will do!  :)

Good to see (well read) you again David....been far too long!

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 12:26:07 pm »
btw, it's not so much a liberal project. even conservatives understand why this is bad. I've listened to a few tech podcasts where the hosts are quite conservative and they urged there listeners to contact their senators and representatives about this. it's just un-American.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 12:21:27 pm »
Starbie has it right--two of the most unlikely bedfellows ever--Moveon.org and the Christian Coalition--are teaming up to fight this battle b/c each of them feels the internet needs to be free of restrictions like the ones that are now being proposed. Do whatever you can to spread the word. Big brother is getting rammed down our throats enough as it is!

Thanks for posting David, and great to see you. I just PMed you in your new / old incarnation.

jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."