Author Topic: Take a seat..  (Read 2317 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Take a seat..
« on: June 11, 2008, 06:22:52 pm »
Not sure if this is good or not..

[found on AfterElton.com]

“One-Time resting place of Heath Ledger’s ass for sale to highest bidder”

By now we agree that an opera is no real way to honor the legacies of either Brokeback Mountain or Heath Ledger, but at least an alternative arrived quickly. Or sort of, anyway — and only if you have a spare $1,500 (at least) to "invest": Amid Marilyn Monroe's pencil cup, fishnet stockings and other dustbin diamonds, an auction next week at Bonhams offers up Ledger's director's chair from the Brokeback set, bittersweetly redolent of oak, denim and, we hear, Canada.

A taller-than-average one with the black canvas backrest having the star's name on the back and the Brokeback Mountain logo on the front, both in white lettering. Included is a 'certificate of authenticity' from Paramount Pictures and Focus Features indicating that Ledger used this chair during the film's production. As mentioned, this single Ledger item towers above the belongings of icons before him, upsetting the delicate balance of marketplace power not just among A-list tchotchkes, but also among the burgeoning Brokeback auction subculture that previously foisted Jack Twist's shirt and even his pick-up truck on an unwitting auction scene. It's no accident those James Dean lifemasks are bringing up the rear at $400-$600 — this is Heath's world now, glorified dorm-room furniture and all.

http://defamer.com/395804/one+time-resting-place-of-heath-ledgers-ass-for-sale-to-highest-bidder

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Take a seat..
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 07:39:20 pm »
I am devestated that this is what is now what in some circles Heath has been reduced to.On the other hand I have to guiltily admit, that I would love something that had once been a part of his life.Talk about being causght between a rock and a hard place.