Author Topic: Least Favorite Food  (Read 21541 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Least Favorite Food
« on: June 15, 2008, 12:40:07 am »
We've all talked about our favorite foods and drinks, but we've never discussed our least favorites. Everybody has at least one thing they just cannot stand to eat. You know, those foods that make you gag and say RAAAAALPH just from thinking about them.

So, what is your least favorite food?

Mine is tofu. Fish is a very close second, except for tuna fish. For some reason I can eat tuna without gagging as long as it comes out of a can... Chicken of the Sea. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: Least Favorite Food
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:45:19 am »
oh I KNOW you didnt' just Dis my home veggie OKRA!!  >:( >:( >:(

I can't stand shellfish....that is just NASTY...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:52:05 am »
Blue cheese ... yuck yuck yuck!

But I love Brussels sprouts.   ;D

Yeah, I agree with you Susie. Blue cheese is nasty. It stinks too! Ugh!

Jess, I didn't say anything negative about okra. I put it on the list because many people don't like it. I don't like it because it's slimy. Yuck. My mom used to fry it.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:57:11 am »
Blue cheese ... yuck yuck yuck!

But I love Brussels sprouts.   ;D

I love Brusels as well. Par boil them,while you are doing that fry some chopped bacon or Pancetta in a pan.Drain sprouts which should still have some bite to them,add to the pan with bacon and some diced chestnuts,yummy,the bacon and chestnuts go really well with the sprouts,even my kids will eat them like that.

For me the only food I cannot abide is the white of an egg,boiled fried poached,however.I love the yolk or scrambled ,omelettes.The white though literally makes me gag. the texture is just gross to me.

injest

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:58:23 am »
Yeah, I agree with you Susie. Blue cheese is nasty. It stinks too! Ugh!

Jess, I didn't say anything negative about okra. I put it on the list because many people don't like it. I don't like it because it's slimy. Yuck. My mom used to fry it.

I was trying to find a definition for Roland last year and the first one I saw said "Okra is a tastless tube of slimy goo"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

slimy goo is my favorite!  ;) ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 01:01:29 am »
I love Brusels as well. Par boil them,while you are doing that fry some chopped bacon or Pancetta in a pan.Drain sprouts which should still have some bite to them,add to the pan with bacon and some diced chestnuts,yummy,the bacon and chestnuts go really well with the sprouts,even my kids will eat them like that.

For me the only food I cannot abide is the white of an egg,boiled fried poached,however.I love the yolk or scrambled ,omelettes.The white though literally makes me gag. the texture is just gross to me.

Ewww. Just plain old egg whites? Yuck! That sounds awful. I don't blame you at all for not liking those, Fiona!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:03:10 am »
Fun idea for a poll!  :D

On this list I voted for okra.  The first time I ever had it, I think it was prepared wrong and I just remember it being very, very slimmy.

But, I agree with others here about blue cheese... I really don't even like the idea of blue cheese (let alone the way it smells or tastes).  I love all other forms of cheese though.  And one other item, that I think is commonly loved by a lot of people but which I really don't like at all is asparagus.

I'm not a very picky eater and consider myself pretty adventurous, but the foods that I don't like I feel pretty strongly about.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 01:05:15 am »
I was trying to find a definition for Roland last year and the first one I saw said "Okra is a tastless tube of slimy goo"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

slimy goo is my favorite!  ;) ;)

Bleegch!!  :P  :P

Yucky!

Mom would fry up some okra and I'd have to sit there and clean my plate. I'd sometimes try to hide it in my napkin and feed it to the dog, but he refused to eat it too! :laugh:

I don't like cottage cheese either. It's just a bucket of old sour milk. REALLY sour milk. lol

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 01:07:26 am »
I actually like everything on your list except for the tofu. And I'm not too fond of Brussels sprouts. They taste like STRONG cabbage. Anyway, I voted for tofu. There may be some recipes that I'd like, but I haven't had any of those yet.

Fried catfish -- you don't eat that? With hushpuppies and onion?

Fried okra -- YUM. I even like it slimy when it's cooked in black-eyed peas.  ;D

Fun thread, David.  ;)

Optom3, I've heard others say they dislike certain foods because of the texture. Some don't like yogurt; some water chestnuts -- things like that.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 01:08:42 am »
Fun idea for a poll!  :D

On this list I voted for okra.  The first time I ever had it, I think it was prepared wrong and I just remember it being very, very slimmy.

But, I agree with others here about blue cheese... I really don't even like the idea of blue cheese (let alone the way it smells or tastes).  I love all other forms of cheese though.  And one other item, that I think is commonly loved by a lot of people but which I really don't like at all is asparagus.

I'm not a very picky eater and consider myself pretty adventurous, but the foods that I don't like I feel pretty strongly about.

You don't like that limburger cheese do you Amanda? My dad eats that stuff sometimes. WHOOO!!! I can't even be in the house when he eats it. It's smells terrible... like dirty feet!  :P :P  :laugh: :laugh:

I think some people are just gluttons for punishment. Why else would they eat something like that? Phfft!