Author Topic: Living in Wyoming  (Read 37083 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Living in Wyoming
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »
This is something I am just curious about. I don't think it would be easy for someone who has never been to Wyoming to answer. I have just noticed that while some people enjoying seeing and visiting Wyoming others are really taken in by it and have this desire and dream to live there. So I'm very curious to see what others think. If you want to explain or expand on your answer that would be great. Also if you want to provide another answer in your reply that is fine too.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: Living in Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:35 pm »
beautiful state, really great folks, no desire to live there.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:44 pm »
Yes.

But I might have to qualify that "yes" so much that maybe it would effectively turn into a "no"?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:56:32 pm »
I would like to live in Wyoming! This is a state that has such a diversity of places to live that no matter what you like, as long as you are happy with abundant outdoors and nature, and four seasons of weather, you can probably be happy there. Of course, it is the least populous state in the nation so if you absolutely have to be with other people a lot of the time, I wouldn't recommend it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 07:25:31 pm »

I live in Sydney, Australia. It's a big, noisy mega-city of several million inhabitants. I am a proud, flag-waving Aussie, who loves my beautiful country so very much.  :D

However, having said all that, I voted "Yes" to this poll.

I have never visited Wyoming. In fact, I've never been out of Australia, but I feel I know a great deal about Wyoming, primarily from BetterMost and other associated websites.

I don't think I'd like to be poor and living in Wyoming, but at my age I have managed to accrue sufficient funds to provide for a comfortable life for myself there, should I ever decide to move. Guess I'd better apply for a Green Card first, before making definite plans!  ::)

I'd like to have a nice, environmentally friendly house, on a small acreage in Wyoming. I love the changing of the seasons and I'm also comfortable with solitude, silence and my own company.

So why, you ask, do I not buy myself such a place in Oz? The answer, in two short words? Brokeback Mountain.

As it is, I probably will be moving to an upstate, rural acreage on the coast when I retire. If this plan does eventuate, I'll try to make it my own little slice of Wyoming, right here in New South Wales. I plan on calling my house "Cherrycake Cottage." It's the same name I'd give my house if it was in Wyoming.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:31:45 pm »
{{{Cherrycake Cottage}}}

:-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 01:28:40 am »
I plan on calling my house "Cherrycake Cottage." It's the same name I'd give my house if it was in Wyoming.  :)

Cherrycake Cottage - love this! :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 01:39:26 am »
I voted yes, though it's a yes with one big question mark. I'm not a winter person. I don't like the friggin cold, and especially I don't like cold winds. I don't know if I could get used to Wyoming winters.
And if I moved there, it would have to be in reasonable distance to one of the towns, but not in a town.
But yes, in principle, this is kind of a dream to me. I totally fell in love with this country.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 01:54:42 am »
I'm an ethnic woman, and last time I was in Wyoming, let's just say I was glad I was with a bunch of non-ethnic looking friends.  I might have run into racial problems without them as a buffer.

Otherwise, I probably would have loved to live there.  It's so beautiful.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 08:50:13 am »
Otherwise, I probably would have loved to live there.  It's so beautiful.

The whole week we were traveling through Wyoming on Roundup, the diversity of the landscape in that one single state just amazed me--and I still haven't seen the Red Desert region in the southwestern part of the state.

I think I love the mountains best, the Big Horns and the Absarokas.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.