Author Topic: The Dark Knight: News, Reviews, your Views. "SPOILERS" welcome!  (Read 175125 times)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Dark Knight: News, Reviews, your Views. "SPOILERS" welcome!
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2008, 04:27:34 pm »
Yeah. I was at the TDK IMDb board and they said that the 'Matilda' nametag was on his uniform. I thought that was sweet just thinking about it even though I haven't clearly seen it the two times I went to see it.

Btw, that different scar stories, I heard just two of them as well. The Joker was about to tell one to Batman before Batman no but I know how you got these. Maybe that's supposed to be the third story but I guess it wasn't fully told. Maybe he told a story in some deleted scene.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2008, 12:09:21 am »
I was very apprehensive about seeing "The Dark Knight", but I finally did (a few days after it opened).  Like I said in another post, I recognized Heath by his walk immediately.  I was filled with glee and excitement.  Other than that initial "here I am" moment, I saw no traces of Heath in that amazing performance.  I was totally suckered when the Joker kept changing the story of how he got his scars. 

Lastly, I have to be honest with you - even with half a face, I couldn't stop thinking about how sexy Aaron Eckhart is.  As I watched Two-Face sitting in the hospital bed I was still thinking about how I would do it.  Eek!  Mmmm...Eek!...Mmmmm...Eek!...okay angle your head just a little to the left.  Now hold it there.  Perfect.
;-)
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2008, 05:30:38 am »
I saw it first in IMAX, then in a regular theater. Twice in one week! Lol. And me and my sister are going to see it again sometime next week. It is such a wonderful movie.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2008, 10:20:40 am »
Lastly, I have to be honest with you - even with half a face, I couldn't stop thinking about how sexy Aaron Eckhart is.  As I watched Two-Face sitting in the hospital bed I was still thinking about how I would do it.  Eek!  Mmmm...Eek!...Mmmmm...Eek!...okay angle your head just a little to the left.  Now hold it there.  Perfect.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Nice to see you, FF.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:14 am »
OT

My younger daughter went to Six Flags Great America yesterday where she had her face painted to resemble the Joker. Afterwards, she was a bit of a mini celebrity, with people asking to have their picture with her.  Here's how it looked when she got home:

She looks great!

And in the same vein.... if anyone needs a smile on their face, do give this video a try. It's TDK trailer re-enacted by little kids. It's adorable. Love the bat-bike! And the Joker-voice. (Hopefully the kids don't know every little story detail of what exactly it is they're re-enacting.)

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1826024

I bet there's gonna be quite a few Jokers on the street, come Halloween!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2008, 10:46:26 am »
She looks great!

And in the same vein.... if anyone needs a smile on their face, do give this video a try. It's TDK trailer re-enacted by little kids. It's adorable. Love the bat-bike! And the Joker-voice. (Hopefully the kids don't know every little story detail of what exactly it is they're re-enacting.)

That video is hilarious, especially the "Hit me" scene!  Thanks for posting, Mika.  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2008, 11:47:42 am »
Hey Meryl...nice to drop back in.  Thanks.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2008, 08:32:25 pm »
I was very apprehensive about seeing "The Dark Knight", but I finally did (a few days after it opened).  Like I said in another post, I recognized Heath by his walk immediately.  I was filled with glee and excitement.  Other than that initial "here I am" moment, I saw no traces of Heath in that amazing performance.  I was totally suckered when the Joker kept changing the story of how he got his scars. 

;-)

I was thinking the same thing! He sure was a stud muffin. Then, when half of his face was destroyed, he only became half of a stud muffin! But, still.... :P
Also, Heath sure was sexy as the Joker! I don't know why but it seems that supervillains in these kind of movies are hot!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2008, 01:37:32 am »
She looks great!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

OMG, that was hilarious. The Joker was very good. 'Let's put a smile on that face'  :laugh:  :laugh:

thanks for posting Mikaela (how are the boots doing today?  ;))
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2008, 12:50:05 am »
Saw it yesterday. Not a movie I would have gone to, but for Heath.

Heath is terrifying; I couldn't watch, half the times he had people in his power.

I agree Bale is pretty bland as Bruce Wayne but more interesting as Batman. I liked the way he did so much acting with his eyes and lower face when he had the mask on. I must say, they did go on about the ethics of vigilantism and the real nature of the Batman. I grew up on the comics where he was just a boy's hero who pummeled people but never killed anyone. Nobody thought twice about either the ethics of that or what effect it would have on the mainstream lawkeepers.

Aaron Eckhardt is new to me - a bit much the Robert Redford lookalike but a studmuffin anyway. I want to see him developed as Two-Face, but they killed him. Can they make another movie in which that just didn't happen?

In fact the movie could well have ended when he appeared as Two-Face (and they teased us with his appearance a lot after that). Can someone tell me how that was all done? Prosthetics or CGI or both? It was amazing.