Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67851 times)

injest

Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:02 am »
I did not watch it on Bravo, I try not to watch TV as much as I can get by with.

The discussion of how Bravo butchered the movie caused me to have a strange dream last night in which Jack and Ennis were living in Canada, 50 years from now, working in a salt mine. Jack was managing a ware house and Ennis was driving the bags of salt eastward on some kind of bullit train that travelled at extraordinary speed, except in historically sensitive areas. Amazing what random details can survive waking, like the way they were looking at one another out of the corner of their eyes.

Amazing the detail your dreams have! Mine are never so inventive or detailed...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:36 am »
I did not watch it on Bravo, I try not to watch TV as much as I can get by with.

The discussion of how Bravo butchered the movie caused me to have a strange dream last night in which Jack and Ennis were living in Canada, 50 years from now, working in a salt mine. Jack was managing a ware house and Ennis was driving the bags of salt eastward on some kind of bullit train that travelled at extraordinary speed, except in historically sensitive areas. Amazing what random details can survive waking, like the way they were looking at one another out of the corner of their eyes.

Ja, ja, all of zat zymbolism ! but remember that sometimes a bullet train is just a bullet train!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2008, 09:52:28 am »
How can BRAVO NOT be blamed, since they aired it ?

Are religious group(s) now controllling BRAVO ?

What is the REAL reason for such cutting, when no penis was shown in the original film ?

It seems to me that I have seen many film with more sex and obvious female as well as male genetilia clearly showed on BRAVO, in the past !!

So why cutting BM now ? ARE they anti-gay ?

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2008, 04:01:54 pm »
I watched part of the movie on Bravo, but they really did cut it up pretty bad.  I hate that they cut out most of TN2, and that wonderful, romantic, passionate kiss between Jack & Ennis, but yet a few scenes later they show Ennis & Alma in bed kissing each other passionately.  I thought it was ridiculous to show that kiss, but not show the kiss between J&E.  Shortly after the E&A kiss is when I turned it off.   

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »
Has everyone sent an email to Bravo to complain?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2008, 04:08:01 pm »
cutting out TS2 entirely would be an act of war as far as I am concerned! So, I guess it depends upon how much of TS2 is cut out, if the cutters manage to remove all of the shows of affection and gentle loving, then clearly that is aimed at cheapening the interactions betwee the boys down to the level of quick sex. How about TS1? did they show the entire sex act?  

mvansand76

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:43 pm »
Has everyone sent an email to Bravo to complain?

Please tell me where to send it...

mvansand76

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2008, 04:31:56 pm »
Here's a cap from FNIT

I don't remember ever seeing this shot before. Or is it my imagination?

Oh wow. Never seen this one. This makes you wonder if there really is a different version of the movie, especially made for these types of broadcasters, which doesn't make sense, I never think that Ang Lee would do such a thing!  :-\

I reported the incident at GLAAD just now...

mvansand76

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2008, 04:34:32 pm »
This scene may not look different, but it is very different in the version shown on Bravo.

The walls of the tent are moving quite a bit and you can hear a lot of huffin' and puffin'.

It looks like they may have used a computer to make the tent move.

*FACE PALM*

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2008, 05:23:12 pm »
cutting out TS2 entirely would be an act of war as far as I am concerned! So, I guess it depends upon how much of TS2 is cut out, if the cutters manage to remove all of the shows of affection and gentle loving, then clearly that is aimed at cheapening the interactions betwee the boys down to the level of quick sex. How about TS1? did they show the entire sex act?  

My point exactly.They pretty well removed all ofTS2 thus making it appear like TS1, even doing the same cut to the outside of the tent.So we are left to assume it was 2 incidents of sex, rather than the start of a tragic love which would endure for 2 decades.
I included in one of my posts what Ang. said about how important TS2 was to add credibility.Yet Bravo or whoever removed 90% at least of it.
So TS1 and 2  become for the 1st time viewer, 2 acts sof sex. even shown in much the same way, quick shot of the boys then cut to outside view of the tent.I was speechless when I saw it.