Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67586 times)

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 12:38:16 am »
I expected the first tent scene to be censored... but I was really surprised that the second tent scene was cut so much... it's such a beautiful, tender part of the film... it should have been shown in its entirety.

I would think that anyone viewing this censored version of the film would be very confused because this brief scene added so much to establishing Jack and Ennis' loving relationship... it's my favorite part of the whole movie!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:11 am »
In many ways, the Brokeback Mountain movie is an anti-gay film, and, therefore, BRAVO with that censorship made it even more so, unfortunately !

At least, Annie is NOT censoring !

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2008, 12:43:26 am »
The Bravo farce is being discussed on Dave cullen as well. Most there seem to have same problem as me,cutting out most ofTS2 just changes the whole film.
Now if people who watched it on Bravo dont hire the DVd they will just come away thinking WTF a very average film.
There  was even more cut that I had forgotten about.No backdoor sex with Enns and Alma.A key element in realsing that Jack is still very deeply engrained onto Ennis's subconcious almost.
I am so mad I watched it now.
I feels as a guest in your country there is only so much I can say.But considerig it is the Brits who are meant to be the staid,stick in the mud types as opposed to the land of the free.It is odd that it was shown uncut in the U.K and completely butchered here.
Seems like it is only the land of the free, if you play by the right rules.Somewhat of a contradiction in terms!!!!
Oh I am going to sleep now. I am just too angry.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008, 12:48:48 am »
Well said optom !

So whom is the censor and the owners ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 12:50:51 am »
A man now is censored for having sex in USA and he does not even show his penis, wow - is that liberty ?

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 12:51:20 am »
Surely, if the film had been broadcast on Logo it would not have been censored. What gets me is that I've seen much more graphic sex scenes on Nip/Tuck on FX, which is similar to Bravo... Nip/Tuck even had a very revealing man on man anal sex scene with lots of thrusting and grunts and butt shots and full on lighting... I was quite shocked when I saw it... but my shock soon turned to admiration for the balls the producers of Nip/Tuck have (and the FX executives, too).   ;)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 12:54:41 am »
Right tforster !

So maybe if the BM movie would have had Ennis having four wives minimum same time, then it would nOT have been censored ?

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2008, 12:55:28 am »
but see to the "gay community" Brokeback Mountain wasn't accepted. They mocked it, remember? Remember at the SAG awards how Sean Hayes sneered at it? so for them it is not included in their lists of 'great gay movies'. They are thinking of 'Capote' and such....

Yes I remember some of that by some of the gay community. But GLAAD was one of the biggest supporters of Brokeback back in them earlier days. And they still are.

http://www.glaad.org/eye/brokeback_mountain.php?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:10 am »
Wishful thinking, is it that we, gay men and gay ladies and others think that the BM movie is pro-gay ?

Then ? To-day ? Tomorrow ?

It seems that BRAVO censored it's gay parts, like cutting its balls ?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2008, 01:05:26 am »
WWW II all over again, and most are blinded now again with Brokeback Mountain film being censored to-day ?

Where is the outcry ? ONLY optom and a few care ?

Artiste, nearly everyone here is outraged by it. Advise you go back and re-read the thread! :)

There's not much we can do about it. Except bitch. Which is what we're doing. You can also send Bravo a nasty email. I just did. It probably won't do any good, but it sure did feel good! LOL

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.