Author Topic: Shiloh Nouvel Jolie Pitt  (Read 12063 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Shiloh Nouvel Jolie Pitt
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 08:18:31 am »

Nice point, Del. I don't make a point of defending celebrities, but I had to jump to Brangelina's defence yesterday when my mother openly scorned the couple for "prostituting their newborn for cash". And i quickly pointed out that if EITHER Brad or Angelina surrendered their individual fortune, the other would have more than enough cash for 10 familiies to live comfortably for 50 years, so its unlikely they took such a large sum for padding their own bank accounts. And then I pointed out they turned every cent they made over to African Aid.

That shut er up!!

You know, I can't stand it when celebrities give some organisation a cash donation then claim they're tireless charity workers. People like Brad and Ange seem to REALLY care and show it not only with their wallets, but with their time and their actions. Good on them. They should be proud of what they're doing.
Chut up!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 12:02:33 am »
You know, I can't stand it when celebrities give some organisation a cash donation then claim they're tireless charity workers. People like Brad and Ange seem to REALLY care and show it not only with their wallets, but with their time and their actions. Good on them. They should be proud of what they're doing.

They do indeed put their money where their mouths are.  What they're giving is an enormous chunk of money.

Saw a pic in Star I think of Brad's parents showing up in Namibia to visit the baby (this was before they left).  They didn't look very happy.  :-\

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:43 pm »

"Nouvel" on the other hand I don't understand.. Is it a gender-unspecific thing or what? If their baby is a girl, it should be "Nouvelle"..  ???  ??? But I really don't care...  ;D

~ j U d E

That's right... But then again, never heard of anyone called Nouvel, or Nouvelle, or Nouveau for that matter!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 08:48:27 pm »
That's right... But then again, never heard of anyone called Nouvel, or Nouvelle, or Nouveau for that matter!

Hi Isabelle, I posted this earlier. Don't know if it's true or not.

Just read today that Nouvel is supposedly the name of a French architect Pitt admires.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 04:54:21 am »
Oh, OK! So it's a surname. I meant I'd never heard of anyone whose first name was Nouvel/le.

Sorry I didn't see your earlier post, Del!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"