Author Topic: Would You Spend the Night in One of These?  (Read 7071 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Would You Spend the Night in One of These?
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:24:22 pm »
These are called capsule hotels and many of us have seen pictures of them before. They were featured in last week's episode of "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" on ABC.

These "hotels" are commonly seen in Japan, and according to Wikipedia they include a bed, pillow and blanket. Many capsule hotel rooms also contain a TV, an electronic console (whatever THAT is! Maybe a video game system?) and a wireless Internet connection. A curtain or pull down door helps to insure privacy. Occupants are discouraged from smoking or eating inside the capsules. Most hotels feature a restaurant, or at least an area with vending machines, and sometimes a swimming pool. The bathrooms are communal. The upside to these capsule hotels are their prices - most charging only $20.00 - $40.00 US per night.

Do you think you could stay in one?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Would You Spend the Night in One of These?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:27:44 pm »
I think I could probably do it, but only just for fun. I don't think I would like it though. But it would be fun to say I actually spent the night in one. :D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:37:01 pm »
Merci, that's thanks David for your thread !

It is interesting how we are forced to become a slave to such bedding ! ?

Not my cup of tea !

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:39:54 pm »
Since criminals took over my house by force in order to open a 4th crack house, I sleep in my truck still at times, and I will never give my honest $ to Japan nor to any other criminals as I find this bed anti-human !

So, I voted: NO !

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:43 pm »
I put "other" because my answer is just plain "yes". I could sleep there as long as it wasn't totally closed up -- maybe a curtain over the door.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 09:57:52 pm »
I put "other" because my answer is just plain "yes". I could sleep there as long as it wasn't totally closed up -- maybe a curtain over the door.  :)

Shasta, I will change that top option to just YES. You can go back and change your vote if you want to! :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:45:43 pm »
Thanks. I changed it.

It looks kinda cozy. When I was 7 or 8, I pretended that my closet was my "apartment" -- it was pretty cozy too--but I could stand up.  :) The bedroom looks like you could sit up -- unless you were really tall. With a bedrest and a book--might be nice.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:58:37 pm »
If I was traveling and only using the place to sleep for one night here and there (e.g. flight cancelled, bad weather, got lost had to wait for morning).  Probably. 

I could not use such a place as a base for touring a city.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 12:16:19 am »
I would sleep or rest in one eg in between delayed flights.One such hotel has been built at one of the London airports.Age means for the moment I have forgotten which one.
It certainly beats trying to sleep in a chair, on long layovers or delays.As a permanant base for exploring a city, no.
 My brother used to use one in Tokyo when he was too tired to go back to his house.He has since got a small appartment in Tokyo and spends the week there and weekends at his house.He is 6ft 4ins and said, as a cheap place to sleep, they were  perfectly adequate.Certanly beat sleeping in his office after a long day.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:20:07 am »
I can sleep anywhere so the answer would be yes. Though a park bench under cherry blossoms in Tokyo sounds more appealing