Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325342 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #480 on: October 22, 2008, 10:26:48 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/10/anne_hathaway_is_calling_off_h.html

Anne Hathaway Is Calling Off Her Engagement

10/22/08 at 9:45 AM 

Photo: Getty Images

Anne Not Getting Married:
Building on her "characters having to do with weddings" buzz, Anne Hathaway will star in The Fiancé, to be directed by Burr Steers (episodes of Big Love) for Warner Bros. Story, freshly rewritten by Tropic Thunder 's Etan Cohen, follows a woman who cancels her wedding plans so she can discover herself, but her meddling parents try to patch things up with her "perfect husband," presumably the Vatican CFO. [Variety]

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994412.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Anne Hathaway to star in 'Fiance'
Warner Bros. taps actress for romantic comedy
By MICHAEL FLEMING

Hathaway

Steers

Warner Bros. has set Anne Hathaway to star and Burr Steers to direct the romantic comedy “The Fiance.” Studio is eyeing a March production start.

Pic will be produced by Offspring Entertainment partners Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot.

A rewrite of “Fiance”  script is being done by Etan Cohen, the “Tropic Thunder”  scribe who just turned in a script for the Judd Apatow-produced comedy to star Sacha Baron Cohen as Sherlock Holmes and Will Ferrell as Watson. “The Fiance”  was originally scripted by Dyanne Stempel and Jennifer Robinson.

Hathaway will play a woman who cancels wedding plans and breaks up with her seemingly perfect fiance so she can try to figure out who she really is. Her meddling parents try to patch things up between the pair, making it impossible for her to move on.

The comedy was originally set up at Disney. After the studio dropped it, Gibgot got Hathaway interested as well as Steers, and suddenly four studios were vying for it. Shankman and Gibgot just produced “17 Again,”  the Zac Efron starrer that Steers directed for New Line.

WB will likely put “Fiance” in production in March, so Hathaway can follow it by re-teaming with Steve Carell in WB’s “Get Smart” sequel.

Hathaway, onscreen in Sony Pictures Classics’ “Rachel Getting Married,” is shooting the Tim Burton-directed “Alice in Wonderland.”

Hathaway next will be seen in the Gary Winick-directed Fox 2000 comedy “Bride Wars”  alongside Kate Hudson.

CAA and Management 360 reps Hathaway; CAA reps Steers; UTA reps Offspring.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #481 on: October 23, 2008, 12:48:29 pm »
I am glad she left him before all this...

Anne Hathaway's ex-boyfriend faces sentencing

By Christine Kearney

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Raffaello Follieri had what some men only dream of: a millionaire's lifestyle full of exotic vacations, a luxury apartment and a famous actress by his side -- all humbled by a purported deep Catholic faith.

But on Thursday, the Italian con-man is due in federal court for sentencing and faces a prison term less than four months after his girlfriend of four years, movie star Anne Hathaway, left him and he was arrested for fraud.

The case reads like a Hollywood film, with the 30-year-old from Foggia, Italy, aggressively pursuing money and celebrity while flaunting religious ties to further his lavish lifestyle.

Hathaway, who starred in "The Devil Wears Prada," broke her silence last month, telling W magazine she felt like "a rug was pulled out from under me" when Follieri was arrested in June.

The floppy-haired Follieri pleaded guilty last month to profiting $2.4 million from a scheme that exaggerated Vatican ties to mislead investors, including California supermarket billionaire Ron Burkle, into thinking he could buy the Catholic Church's real estate at cheaper prices.

Prosecutors want him to serve more than five years in prison. This week they said in court papers he had been motivated by greed as he "shamelessly" mislead investors and church officials, including having two monsignors travel with him on some money-seeking quests.

He used the money to pay for expensive clothes, restaurants, a $37,000-a-month Manhattan apartment, exotic vacations and privately chartered flights for his parents and girlfriend, said prosecutors.

'DEEPLY RELIGIOUS'

Follieri "succumbed to the temptation" of wealth and luxury, defense lawyer Flora Edwards said in a recent sentencing memo that asked for a three-year sentence.

Follieri's "deeply religious" faith and values were cited as reasons he should receive a lesser sentence, as well to speed up his deportation back to Italy to tend to an aging, sick mother. More than 100 letters, including from priests in Foggia, were offered in support.

But prosecutors say Follieri's web of lies began in 2004 by forming a company with his father, who in 2005 was found guilty in Italy of embezzling funds.

In May 2005, the younger Follieri began lying to Burkle's group, Yucaipa Companies, including telling them he needed a luxury New York apartment to house visiting dignitaries, according to the prosecutors' sentencing memo.

Losses to Yucaipa included more than $911,000 for phony reports, $985,000 for unauthorized expenses, $739,000 for flights, $600,000 for unauthorized medical expenses and $430,000 for a nonexistent Italy office, the memo said.

His phony Vatican ties included showing investors a fake letter from late Pope John Paul II and telling investors he regularly met with the pope when in Rome, the memo said.

By the time of his arrest, prosecutors said, after successfully creating shell companies with overseas bank accounts, he had extended his scheme as far as Brazil and had started a similar scheme in Europe.

In the end, they said, Follieri did bid at auctions of church properties in the United States, but lost out to higher bidders from competing real estate companies.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/081023/entertainment/entertainment_us_hathaway_follieri

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2008, 03:10:05 pm »
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:26:11 pm by Love »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2008, 04:37:10 pm »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #485 on: October 30, 2008, 06:27:47 pm »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #486 on: October 30, 2008, 06:28:53 pm »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #487 on: October 30, 2008, 06:30:04 pm »

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2008, 04:23:13 pm »
Anne Hathaway's New Boyfriend - Adam Shulman

Wednesday November 5, 2008

Anne Hathaway's ex, Raffaello Follieri, will be spending the next 4 1/2 years behind bars so the chances of a reunion are slim at best. Anne didn't waste any time getting over him before moving on to a new man. According to reports from Life & Style, she has been getting very cozy with actor Adam Shulman.

The two were spotted together in New Orleans at a screening of Anne's new flick, Rachel Getting Married. Adam told the tabloid, "We met through mutual friends. I came to support Anne. We've never been to New Orleans before - it's our first time." I wonder how Anne will feel about the fact that he already used the terms "we" and "our" in his statement.

Either way, the real gossip here is that Adam allegedly left his girlfriend to run off into the sunset with Anne. Remind you of anyone else? Brad and Angelina, Billy Crudup and Claire Danes, and Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott come to mind - just to name a few.

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »