Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325363 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #590 on: August 04, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »
We did it!  On the very last day of the run, John and I got tickets for Anne in Twelfth Night.  We only had to get there at 2:00 a.m. and wait for 12 hours!  :P  :P  :P

The time went fast, though, because the company was good.  Also, the comfy folding chairs we toted along saved our aching feet and backs!

More reports to follow tomorrow.  Right now I'm hitting the hay to catch up on some sleep!  8)  8)  8)

I'm still waiting for reports!  Please?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #591 on: August 04, 2009, 09:08:56 pm »
I'm still waiting for reports!  Please?

Oops, we'd better get on that.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #592 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:21 pm »
Oops, we'd better get on that.  :P

Yes, did you somewhere else?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #593 on: September 14, 2009, 01:37:30 pm »
Yes, did you somewhere else?

No, unfortunately.  John has been having computer issues and is reluctant to post lots of pics because of the AAARGH! factor.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #594 on: December 18, 2009, 01:03:17 pm »
Anne Hathaway: Digging on Jake Gyllenhaal?
Though she’s officially dating struggling actor Adam Shulman, Anne Hathaway may have a hankering for newly-single Jake Gyllenhaal.

According to a report, the “Princess Diaries” babe and the “Prince of Persia: Sands of Time” hunk have grown super-close while filming “Love and Other Drugs” together.

An inside source told press, “Jake and Anne get along like a house on fire.  They’ve become extremely close. Jake feels he can talk to Anne about anything, including his struggles with Reese. She’s been his shoulder to cry on and a great listener.”

But Jake’s recent split with Ms. Witherspoon may be a symptom of his attraction to Miss Hathaway.  “Anne was deeply shocked when Jake dumped Reese.  She thinks Jake is so sweet. Who knows where this could lead?”

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/anne-hathaway-digging-on-jake-gyllenhaal-213379/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #595 on: December 18, 2009, 01:17:42 pm »
Reputed paparazzo on bike hits Anne Hathaway's car

December 17, 2009 |  5:47 pm

Some people will do anything for a photograph.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, a man believed to be a paparazzo did exactly that when he smashed his bicycle into the side of a car owned by actress Anne Hathaway.

The Oscar-nominated actress was in an Audi driven by boyfriend Adam Shulman when the collision occurred shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday near Westbourne Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

The accident occurred as Hathaway's car was making a turn. Neither Hathaway, who starred in "The Princess Diaries," nor Shulman was injured.

The reputed paparazzo, who was not identified, refused medical treatment and left. His road bike was a Viola 24-speed, authorities said.

Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that the cyclist was moving "way too fast and could have avoided an accident," Whitmore said. No arrest was made, however.

Asked how he knew that the man was, in fact, a paparazzo, Whitmore said he had a large, telephoto lens on "a high-end still camera."

"If he's not a paparazzo, he's an avid bird watcher," Whitmore said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/12/pedalpowered-paparrazo-plows-into-car-carrying-anne-hathaway.html

::)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2010, 10:57:14 pm »

I so love this girl.

http://advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/02/05/Anne_Hathway_Quits_Catholicism_for_Gay_Brother/

Posted on Advocate.com
February 06, 2010
Hathaway Quits Catholicism
for Gay Brother

By Advocate.com Editors

Oscar nominee Anne Hathaway tells GQ magazine she and her parents have left the Catholic Church because of the religion's views on gay issues. Hathaway, whose brother is gay, says she and her parents became Episcopalians shortly after he came out.

"The whole family converted to Episcopalianism after my elder brother came out,” she said. “Why should I support an organization that has a limited view of my beloved brother?"

Hathaway, who has been a vocal champion of gay rights since starring in Brokeback Mountain,  says she isn’t quite at home with the Episcopal Church either: "So I'm ... nothing [no denomination]. F**k it, I'm forming. I'm a work in progress.”

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/girls/cover_girls/slideshows/100201-anne-hathaway.aspx

Queen of all she surveys

From Disney teen princess to divine ruler in Tim Burton's new Alice In Wonderland blockbuster: Anne Hathaway is a true Hollywood blue blood. Paradoxically, she's also the go-to girl-next-door, as smart as she is sexy and as admired by women as she is adored by men. Here, Queen Anne grants GQ an exclusive audience and talks Scientology, Scrabble, quantum physics... oh, and the secret art of on-screen undressing

Anne Hathaway is no Angelina Jolie. The big difference? She's non-threatening. Or at least she is from your seat at the local multiplex. You see, women love Anne Hathaway. Ask any woman within reach. Ask a friend. Ask the pretty waitress in Scott's. Ask your mother; your sister; your grandmother. See, told you - they simply adore her. Can you ever imagine your girlfriend calling out (as mine did), "Tell her that I love her!" as you head off to catch a plane to go and have lunch with, say, Miss Jolie? I very much doubt it. Angelina is far too threatening; too dangerous; too wily.

But little, doe-eyed, butter-wouldn't-melt Annie Hathaway? She's so cute! She's a girl's girl, she's every woman's BFF. She's chummy.She's fun. She's Carrie Bradshaw's crib notes on what girlfriends are there for. She's the woman who had every girl's dream job (and wardrobe) in The Devil Wears Prada.  She's Becoming Jane.  She's Bride Wars.  She's The Princess Diaries,  for Christ's sake! She's every insecure, needy woman's Empress of Empathy. She's a large tub of chocolate-chip, cookie-dough ice cream with Maltesers sprinkles. She's Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's.  She's the Coldplay singles box sets rather than Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster. She's safe. She's sweet. Right? Right?

Well, if Anne Hathaway - 27, from the quiet, affluent suburb of Millburn, New Jersey - is so prim, so naive, so wide-eyed and so innocent, then what on God's earth is she doing sitting opposite me, mid-way through a long, hot, lazy lunch in Los Angeles, flashing her hazel eyes while gently tonguing, yes, tonguing, the back of her china-white palm like a tip-hungry stripper at Le Crazy Horse? It's an act that's head-swimmingly discombobulating. The actress' supposed façade of niceness has been pulled back - just for a split second - to reveal something far, far wilder. For Anne it's her very own SuBo moment.

"We were talking about kissing," I offer clumsily, shattering the crackling sexual menace in a voice that, on hearing the words aloud, suddenly sounds about as come-hither as a car's sat-nav command. Anne, perhaps sensing my inability to form a proper sentence, takes the lead: "You have to leave your mouth open a little bit..." she purrs, making me squirm into uncharted levels of prudishness, closing her eyes and smudging her plump red lips against her own left hand, which she's holding tenderly with her right as she might the face of a co-star. "Open up," Anne suggests breathlessly as the earth seems to spin ever so slightly faster on its axis. "More, more, ever so lightly... otherwise you're going to be getting smooshy," she advises. "Now... slow it down... just a little bit..."

Sadly, here endeth the lesson on "How To Screen Kiss Successfully With Anne Hathaway". I come round, somewhat sheepishly, my cheeks flushed and my eyes glazed. "If you're both unattached and you get along, of course kissing in a movie is fun," she tells me. "But you can never get truly deep down and into it. Well, I can't. Jennifer Garner - now that girl can movie kiss. I gotta say that girl can really give it some up there..."

Read the full interview with Anne Hathaway and see all the photos in the March 2010 issue of British GQ, out on 4 February.

Story by Jonathan Heaf; photos by Mark Seliger

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/02/anne_hathaway_leaves_catholic.html

Anne Hathaway Leaves Catholic Church
for Gay Brother

2/8/10 at 5:15 PM

Anne Hathaway, who has been a part of the gay-rights movement since even before she co-starred in the landmark film Brokeback Mountain,  told British GQ  this month that she and her traditionally Catholic family left the Church over its views on homosexuality. Having a gay family member was enough to make them, like many other families, feel unwelcome. "The whole family converted to Episcopalianism after my elder brother came out,” she told the magazine. “Why should I support an organization that has a limited view of my beloved brother?" Though, in all honesty, after Hathaway's ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri embroiled the Vatican in a scandal over their seeming involvement in the convicted fraud's phony real-estate scheme, we're not sure the Church was so sad to see her go.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #597 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:52 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/09/2010-02-09_best_of_the_rest_gay_brother_makes_anne_hathaway_quit_catholic_church_for_episco.html

Anne Hathaway with her brother Thomas, who is gay. The actress says she quit
the Catholic Church because it had a limited view of gay people.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #598 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:04 pm »
thank you for sharing such a great articles. Its a great insight she and her family have done, just hope that Stephen Baldwin will find the same insight one day!!!  :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #599 on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:59 pm »
Really enjoyed the article, John! Now I'm an Anne Fan too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"