Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325365 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2010, 12:15:29 pm »
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/entertainment/im-not-pretty-claims-hathaway-14675262.html

Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Anne Hathaway says she has weird features and she's not pretty

The Valentine's Day beauty claims she has "weird features" that are too big for her "small head" but says that she's learned to live with herself.

She told InStyle: "I think I've got really weird features, I have very large features on a very small head, but I'm not going to beat myself up, it's my face - I'm not very pretty, but that's OK because I look like myself, and I think at the end of the day, as nice as pretty is, authenticity is more important."

The 27-year-old Devil Wears Prada star also said she has to work hard to keep her body in shape.

"If I don't work out at all, I have too much curve and no tone, which is not OK. It's about finding balance," she said.

Anne - who names Tilda Swinton, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Selma Blair and Natalie Portman as her style icons - has a strong fashion sense and likes to balance a tomboy daytime look with being glammed up in the evening.

She told the magazine: "In the evening it would never occur to me to go out in motorcycle boots like this. I love going out in high heels and dressing up and glamming it up, and having there be a distinction between what happened throughout the day and the evening.

"I like people who are true to themselves."

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2010, 03:26:21 pm »
She told InStyle: "I think I've got really weird features, I have very large features on a very small head, but I'm not going to beat myself up, it's my face - I'm not very pretty, but that's OK because I look like myself...

I hate it when gorgeous, beautiful, talented people say stuff like this. I don't for a minute believe they're sincere. Even if their self-confidence is not always at the max, the ones they're comparing themselves to are the most stunningly good-looking people on earth, and certainly no average gals  - and well do they know it. It's just a form of faux-bashful attention-grabbing. My opinion of Anne is plummeting to new lows if she really did say this.  :-\

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2010, 06:45:03 pm »
Anne really does have a small head.  I can attest, as I have her bright red cowgirl hat.  It's tiny.  I don't think it has fit anyone who has tried it on, except Fabienne's little daughter!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:24 pm »
Anne at the premiere of her and Johnny Depp's movie "Alice in Wonderland".

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #604 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »
Did anyone else happen to notice? Last night on Jeopardy! there was a whole category devoted to Anne!

When Alex Trebek announced the category as having to do with Anne Hathaway, I was expecting something Shakespearean.  :laugh:  But no, it was all about Anne.  :D

One of the "answers" was something about "having a child with Jake Gyllenhaal," who was prepared to "quit" her.  ;D  Of course, the question was "What is Brokeback Mountain?"
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #605 on: November 10, 2010, 02:02:03 am »
That's cool, Jeff!  8)

Anne is on the cover of the November issue of Vogue, and the article inside features some stunning pics of her in haute couture dresses and jewelry.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #606 on: November 10, 2010, 06:06:12 am »
Did anyone else happen to notice? Last night on Jeopardy! there was a whole category devoted to Anne!

When Alex Trebek announced the category as having to do with Anne Hathaway, I was expecting something Shakespearean.  :laugh:  But no, it was all about Anne.  :D

One of the "answers" was something about "having a child with Jake Gyllenhaal," who was prepared to "quit" her.  ;D  Of course, the question was "What is Brokeback Mountain?"
Loveit! Thanks for telling us about it!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2010, 11:44:26 am »
Anne's hosting Saturday Night Live this Saturday.

You can watch the promo here:  http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #608 on: November 20, 2010, 10:16:56 am »
Anne Hathaway will be this years host of the Nobel peace concert in Oslo, together with Ja.... Gy..., unfortunately Denzel Washington beat him to it. Darn  >:(

Congratulation Anne!! :)

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #609 on: December 11, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
from Belfast Telegraph yesterday:

Anne Hathaway to play Barbarella?

Friday, 10 December 2010

Anne Hathaway has been linked to the Barbarella remake

Anne Hathaway is apparently set to play Barbarella in the remake of the 1968 cult classic.
The Devil Wears Prada star is "attached" to the project to reboot the sexy sci-fi fantasy film, Pajiba.com reports.

The original was directed by Frenchman Roger Vadim and starred Jane Fonda as space ranger Barbarella, who despite her sexy appearance and skimpy outfits, has a prudish attitude to life until she finds herself sexually awakened during her mission to rescue Dr Duran Duran.

The remake has long been in the pipeline with Underworld star Kate Beckinsale originally tipped to star.

Machete director Robert Rodriguez took over the project in 2007 and cast his then fiancee Rose McGowan in the title role.

But Robert stepped down from directing the movie last year, reportedly because Universal's plans to shoot in Germany would take him too far from his family in Texas. He has five children with his ex wife.

Legally Blonde director Robert Luketic was rumoured to be attached last year but the project currently has no director.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/anne-hathaway-to-play-barbarella-15026659.html#ixzz17oX17XOW
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...