Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 328737 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #660 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:44 am »
From Belfast Telegraph yesterday:

Les Mis role is Anne's 'dream job'

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Anne Hathaway has said being cast as tragic heroine Fantine in the film adaptation of Les Miserables was her "dream" job as she attended the movie's world premiere.

Despite losing almost two stone [that's 24 lbs to us Americans] and having her long hair cropped to play the factory worker-turned-prostitute, the American actress admitted she would have done anything for the part.

Oozing Hollywood style as she took to the red carpet in London's Leicester Square wearing a bejewelled Givenchy gown, the 30-year-old said: "It's just the sort of job you feel you should give your pay cheque back at the end of the week, it was such a dream and I can't believe I'm the girl that got to play Fantine."

Asked if she would have gone beyond the drastic lengths of cutting her brunette locks and slimming down to play her emaciated character, Anne added: "I didn't have to pull out my teeth, but no one asked, so yes, I would do anything."

The star was joined by director Tom Hooper and co-stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried and Eddie Redmayne on the red carpet.

Burberry model Eddie, who attended the premiere in a teal velvet Burberry suit, said working with a cast of Hollywood heavyweights was "wildly exhilarating".

Australian Hugh, 44, described London as the perfect place for the film's premiere, calling it "the spiritual home of the musical".

He said: "It's the most French story ever written, and I guess this is where it really took life. It's very exciting and the crowds have been great and it never grows old this stuff."

Acknowledging the difference between his past experience in musical theatre and the film making process, Hugh said: "Obviously with the camera it's a different audience; the camera's very close and it's a lot more intimate.

"I think the discipline of having done eight shows a week many times for a long period of time really stood me in good stead. It was a very demanding shoot."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/les-mis-role-is-annes-dream-job-16246878.html#ixzz2EHk1b8Lv
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:37 pm »
Love her line at the end:
~~~
Anne Hathaway's hair cut doubts

Thursday, 6 December 2012

Anne Hathaway was prepared to chop off her hair for Les Miserables

Anne Hathaway has admitted she had some reservations about chopping off her hair for her Les Miserables role - because she wanted to be a long-haired bride.

The actress plays Fantine in Tom Hooper's musical drama and although she initially plumped for the hair cut she revealed that her then boyfriend Adam Shulman hinted that it might mean she would be sporting short locks on her wedding day.

Anne said: "When I got the role, Tom and I had lunch and I said, 'Look I just want to float this out there, I'm up for cutting my hair off if you'd like to' but with films it can be very difficult to shoot things in chronological order. I didn't want to insist if it was going to be too much of a pain but I really felt very strongly that as much of the physical transformations that could be real ought to be real, and so I was really happy about it when Tom accepted.

"Then, at the time I hadn't yet got engaged and my now husband looked at me with a mixture of pride, joy, worry, and slight panic too. And he said, 'Without giving anything away about what's coming in the next few months, how do you feel about being a short haired bride?' And I just went, 'Noooo!'."

But the star decided lopping off her locks was necessary for the part.

Anne, who wed Adam in September, said: "And then I just thought, it'll be truthful, I'll be who I am when I get married and who I am is an actor and what I do is transform when the occasion arises so I tried to minimise that drama in my own head."

Les Miserables opens in the UK in January.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/anne-hathaways-hair-cut-doubts-16247259.html#ixzz2EOC9wh1L 
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #662 on: January 14, 2013, 08:29:20 am »
Congrats to Anne on her Golden Globe win for Best Supporting Actress in Les Mis!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2013, 02:06:48 am »
Congrats to Anne Hathaway on her Oscar win for Best Supporting Actress!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #664 on: February 25, 2013, 12:25:46 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7e_13luv6U[/youtube]
Anne's acceptance speech.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #665 on: February 25, 2013, 12:39:42 pm »
Woho! The Brokeback cast rules!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:06 pm »
All I could think of when she was up there was "Prettiest little gal in Childress, Texas--Lureen."   ;D

Congratulations, Anne!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2013, 04:23:39 pm »
From Belfast Telegraph yesterday:

Les Mis role is Anne's 'dream job'

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Anne Hathaway has said being cast as tragic heroine Fantine in the film adaptation of Les Miserables was her "dream" job as she attended the movie's world premiere.

Despite losing almost two stone [that's 24 lbs to us Americans] and having her long hair cropped to play the factory worker-turned-prostitute, the American actress admitted she would have done anything for the part.

Oozing Hollywood style as she took to the red carpet in London's Leicester Square wearing a bejewelled Givenchy gown, the 30-year-old said: "It's just the sort of job you feel you should give your pay cheque back at the end of the week, it was such a dream and I can't believe I'm the girl that got to play Fantine."

Asked if she would have gone beyond the drastic lengths of cutting her brunette locks and slimming down to play her emaciated character, Anne added: "I didn't have to pull out my teeth, but no one asked, so yes, I would do anything."

The star was joined by director Tom Hooper and co-stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried and Eddie Redmayne on the red carpet.

Burberry model Eddie, who attended the premiere in a teal velvet Burberry suit, said working with a cast of Hollywood heavyweights was "wildly exhilarating".

Australian Hugh, 44, described London as the perfect place for the film's premiere, calling it "the spiritual home of the musical".

He said: "It's the most French story ever written, and I guess this is where it really took life. It's very exciting and the crowds have been great and it never grows old this stuff."

Acknowledging the difference between his past experience in musical theatre and the film making process, Hugh said: "Obviously with the camera it's a different audience; the camera's very close and it's a lot more intimate.

"I think the discipline of having done eight shows a week many times for a long period of time really stood me in good stead. It was a very demanding shoot."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/les-mis-role-is-annes-dream-job-16246878.html#ixzz2EHk1b8Lv

That's funny. Anne is an American and Hugh is Australian, but Eddie Redmayne is from ... Burberry? Where is that? The coast of North Africa?

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »
Congrats. to two members of the Brokeback team for their Oscar wins last night - Anne for best supporting actress and Ang for best director. Anne's award was no surprise but I think Ang's was. The "experts" I read had the award going to Stephen Spielberg for Lincoln.

And congrats., too, to Daniel Day Lewis for not only winning his third Oscar but for giving the classiest acceptance speech of the evening.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #669 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:40 pm »
And congrats., too, to Daniel Day Lewis for not only winning his third Oscar but for giving the classiest acceptance speech of the evening.

Wouldn't we all kill to see DDL's Margaret Thatcher?  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...