Author Topic: Now It's Too Darned Hot...  (Read 13372 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Now It's Too Darned Hot...
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:27:37 pm »
Four days with temps well into the 90s... in May... in western NY.  I'm dying here.  Of course, this coming a week or two after my ranting about how cold and dark it was is illustrative of the wonderful world of weather around here.

Air conditioners went back in the windows yesterday when it reached 93 in my living room.  I cannot function in that. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Re: Now It's Too Darned Hot...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:28:37 pm »
And I am not even going to ask what the hell is a balloominator which keeps popping up on the adverts today....

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 04:30:25 pm »
Darn it. It's freezing cold in Germany right now. In the higher regions it was snowing today!!! Care for a switch?  ;)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:24:09 pm »
see.. I was thinking this would be a whole different kind of topic..  ;D

dang it!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 05:25:43 pm »
see.. I was thinking this would be a whole different kind of topic..  ;D

dang it!!

I am already skating on thin ice with some of the pics in here.  I gotta find a pic module that lets us host pics where I don't have to worry about the advertising people getting upset, and also presents them in a slideshow/thumbnail format.  Then people can have albums to go through.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »
Four days with temps well into the 90s... in May... in western NY.  I'm dying here.  Of course, this coming a week or two after my ranting about how cold and dark it was is illustrative of the wonderful world of weather around here.

Air conditioners went back in the windows yesterday when it reached 93 in my living room.  I cannot function in that. 
Just north of you here in Toronto - Heat advisory, Pollution advisory, and my central air conditionner went on the blink.  Gonna have to spend $2,300 to have a new one installed - just in time for much cooler weather (predicted for tomorrow) - Oh by the way - that was him on the phone, says he'll be right over, now that the storm advisory has passed! At least things will be fine for the summer.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 05:41:55 pm »
Just north of you here in Toronto - Heat advisory, Pollution advisory, and my central air conditionner went on the blink.  Gonna have to spend $2,300 to have a new one installed - just in time for much cooler weather (predicted for tomorrow) - Oh by the way - that was him on the phone, says he'll be right over, now that the storm advisory has passed! At least things will be fine for the summer.

Yeah I heard the weather radio go off about that earlier... like even breathing the air will kill you.  It's just muggy.  Toronto is usually cooler in the summer than we are down here.  You could have come visiting on the Rochester Fast Ferry until the whole thing became a money piggie and the mayor of the city of Rochester killed it.  Now the whole thing is headed for England.  Oh well.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 07:20:33 pm »
You just can't please some people.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 11:04:40 am »
That's why I hang out here all the time...it's always just right at BetterMost.net 

(Phillip - please feel free to use this cheesy line in advertising this site.  You don't even have to pay or credit me to use it!).
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 11:26:11 am »
That's why I hang out here all the time...it's always just right at BetterMost.net 

(Phillip - please feel free to use this cheesy line in advertising this site.  You don't even have to pay or credit me to use it!).

ROFL....*rolls eyes*

It was 93 degrees here yesterday...