Author Topic: Small Town America And BBM  (Read 4908 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Small Town America And BBM
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:51:36 am »
Hey Karan.

God Love ya!

Yeah, it's me... your friend from IMDb. David-Indiana.

Here in Indiana the movie didn't really stick around for very long. I suppose for typical Midwestern cities this was pretty much  the case. It came and went with little to no fanfare. In larger cities, it was probably different.

Things can be hard here; at least in Indianapolis. It  hasn't changed very much  since I was  a child.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 02:59:32 am »
Karan -

Where are you?? I sure wish you would come back! I/we  miss you!

By the way... for now, I am still posting on both IMDb and Bettermost. Come back to us, we could really use your input here! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline kminmn

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 07:04:22 pm »
I am new to this forum but wanted to comment here.  I live in MN, in a tiny little town of around 5,000 people.  The county I live in is quite conservative and even though MN is overall pretty liberal, where I live is not.  Bush and all the other republicans win all elections around here by a landslide.  A few years ago, a gay guy ran for homecoming queen at the local college and it was discussed in letters to the editor in our town paper for months!  It was the biggest scandal that we'd seen in a while.  BBM was in our local theater for one week back in March.  I went to see it three times and each time there were no more than 10 other people there.  It is now in the video store in town, yes we only have one, and I do notice it is checked out quite a bit, so apparently people are watching.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 07:15:05 pm »
Thanks for letting us know about this kminmn!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Karan13

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Fun loving open minded the future Mrs Depp or Gyll
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 03:52:03 pm »
I am new to this forum but wanted to comment here.  I live in MN, in a tiny little town of around 5,000 people.  The county I live in is quite conservative and even though MN is overall pretty liberal, where I live is not.  Bush and all the other republicans win all elections around here by a landslide.  A few years ago, a gay guy ran for homecoming queen at the local college and it was discussed in letters to the editor in our town paper for months!  It was the biggest scandal that we'd seen in a while.  BBM was in our local theater for one week back in March.  I went to see it three times and each time there were no more than 10 other people there.  It is now in the video store in town, yes we only have one, and I do notice it is checked out quite a bit, so apparently people are watching.
[
Thank you for replying kminmn , i`m sorry things are like this where you are from , it must be so frustrating at times , feeling you can`t be yourself and watch and act as you want to. It does however show that many people from where you are do have an interest in BBM and so at least they have got to rent it from the video store , people in Government try to rule our lives and way of thinking , but they don`t succeed. I hope you will find a way to own a copy of BBM i would be lost without mine , even though i know it word for word. xxx
/quote]
It`s not the breaths you take , it`s what makes you lose one !