Author Topic: How it has effected me.  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
How it has effected me.
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:30:07 pm »
One way it has effected me is te belief I now have, that the straight world might actually listen to what a gay person has to say. Since so many people see the underlying story of love and tragedy, I think it has opened a few eyes, and hearts.

One of the most moving things I have seen in print was on the yahoo board several months ago. A straight guy wrote his wife dragged him to see BBM and he came out crying. He apologized for the jokes he had made about the movie and the attitude he had had about gay people in general. He now thought differently and while he was only one eprson, he was a person with a voice. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
Re: How it has effected me.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:14:49 am »
It greatly opened my eyes and heart.

Sensational movie.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline OhopeBeach

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:27:43 pm »
I want to second this thought.  I always imagined myself to be very open-minded and inclusive of all people. 

I believe very strongly in gay rights and that homosexuality is as normal and natural as heterosexuality.

This movie, however, truly made me face who I am.  The first tent scene made me very uncomfortable, as did the second tent scene.  I have come to think this is because I do not often see 2 men kissing or being intimate.  Not nearly as many times as I have seen a man and woman.  However, on subsequent viewings, the intimate scenes with Ennis and Jack quickly became my favorites, with the reunion hug and kiss outside the apartment my absolute favorite.

This movie really opened my eyes to the idea that (of course!) 2 men can meet, start a friendship, fall in love, become intimate, love passionately and that it feels exactly right to them.  As right as my husband feels to me.

I guess I believed the concept in theory, but now I hold it in my heart.

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:36:34 pm »
OHopeBeach, that is beautiful.....

I have always been open-minded about everyone and how they choose to love someone....  This movie just solidified my feelings.

It is much more important to love who you love than not to love at all.....

...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:04:49 am »
bump
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming