Author Topic: MTV MOVIE AWARDS  (Read 12052 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: MTV MOVIE AWARDS TONIGHT!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:28:29 pm »
I jusr made a dash for the TV, knocking over ec=verything in my pathg--and my TVC hgas conked, or somethiung.  BETTEER be on LOTS...I read the reports. Jake saying to Heath "I couldn't have done it without you." HEE...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:55:13 pm »
7pm MST here in Utah!

Aren't you on daylight savings time in Utah, Chris?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »
Just watched it!     Gotta Love Jake!   He gave a nice acceptance speach for each award won.

And I thought his comment on the Best Kiss Award was interesting.    He said "I want to say thankyou from everyone struggling with Love, which is all of us".    Awww  poor Jakey struggling with Love.    We know who he should be with!   He should be with the person he kept thanking over and over.   Ahem, Heath!

When he went up on stage for the Best Performance Award, he pointed at the screen which showed him in the pickup truck crying. He said:"Thats the scene where I knew I'd get best performance".  Then he did his thankyou's.   I think Jake was trying to say "why didn't I get an Oscar for that?"    So at least he got the recognition here!     

ATTA BOY JAKE!      :-* :-* :-*

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 04:47:17 am »
BELGIUM, Brussels - MTV on Saturday night (10 June 2006). Pre-show at around 8pm(?) and then it goes on until after 11pm (don't have the exact times).

CAN'T WAIT!!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 06:04:22 am »
Yes, it was worth sitting through almost 2 hours of shit to see J.G. say a few funny, serious, importsnt and unimportsnt words...too bsd no Heath...why does MTV nominate some great actoirs and some cruddfy ones/? I never esasw an MTV awards show before...on the whole, more entertaioning than the Oscars. but not up to the BAFTAs. I hope I am not as much of an expert on awards shows next year as this past one!

Guess I have to convert to beards...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:49:49 am »
Hey, did anyone else catch how when Eva Mendes and Justin Timberlake were going ON AND ON with that thinly-veiled double entendre about "ranch hand jobs" and "hard work," there was a shot of Jake in which he was rather clearly saying to his companions, "They didn't tell me about THIS."

Darn you, Jake.  You just made me adore you all the more.  'Cause that annoyed the CRAP outta me, too.  His acceptance speech was so lovely, though, I almost forgot all about it.

I'd just like to add that Justin Timberlake looked like hell.  Have a sandwich or ten, will ya?

Oh, and could Topher Grace get any cuter?  I have a sneaking suspicion he's next on the Crush Parade.
No more beans!

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 08:28:15 am »
Hi Barb!

Jake certainly was laughing at the Ranch "Hand Job" jokes though.   And I think it was done in pure fun, nothing mean spirited about the comments.  Not like Dennis Quaids "Rhymes with Chick Flick" comment.

Oh and Topher Grace DID look super cute last night.     And did you catch the ass slap that Justin gave Jake?    Gotta love male bonding!      ;D

Sigh......Jake

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:45:08 am »
I particularly loved the look on Jake's face when Famke Jensson (sp?) and Rebecca Romain started taking their clothes off.... LOL.  He looked so embarrassed!  :laugh:
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline David

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 10:19:49 am »
Screen shot of Justin slapping Jakes Ass.

Caption:"Hmm, how could Heath resist this?"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
Hi Barb!

Jake certainly was laughing at the Ranch "Hand Job" jokes though.   And I think it was done in pure fun, nothing mean spirited about the comments.  Not like Dennis Quaids "Rhymes with Chick Flick" comment.

Oh and Topher Grace DID look super cute last night.     And did you catch the ass slap that Justin gave Jake?    Gotta love male bonding!      ;D

Sigh......Jake

Oh, yeah.  I didn't think he was pissed at all.  Just kind of surprised.  And you're right - it was all in fun.  I can't put a finger on exactly why it irritated me, but it definitely did.  I guess I just felt like the ladies doth protested too much, ya know?

Sigh......Jake is right.  Just when I think he can't get any cuter......he does.

Looks like you and I are on the same wavelength - both Topher fans as well.  I'll tell you what, if Brokeback (and all those interviews Jake did in which he was such a doll as always) hadn't come along when it/they did, I'd have been in it deep for Topher after "In Good Company."  I really loved him in that.  Such an underrated actor - so subtle.  He made Dennis Quaid look like an amateur.
No more beans!