Author Topic: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! The World of Soccer  (Read 101633 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2006, 01:45:34 am »
Yeah, congratulations France!   :)

Giancarlo

« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2006, 01:52:55 am »
For the final, which team are you rooting for?  

It’s a hard one for me…  I really don't have a strong position over either teams.  But when you watch the game, you always have to pick a side, so I will root for France just because of Zidane.

How misguided. France should definitely not win this. Where was Zidane? If anything, the match between France and Portugal was sloppy. Both sides were sloppy. If it wasn't for one questionable penalty kick France wouldn't be going on forward. Italy has so much more and Italy deserves this cup far more then France.

I have nothing to fear as I do think Italy will win against France. Italy has so much more going for it. One or two great players will not save an average team as far as France is concerned. The Italian team is full of great players.

1998 Repeat NOT!!!!! Rather say 1982 Repeat. Italy just has the offense France doesn't have. Italy also has a better defense then France. Italy will put everything they have in the final game and they outmatch France. Zidane this, Zidane that... Zidane is out of his prime.

And you know what? If I was French I'd be concerned about the otherwise dismal performance that France had against Portugal... Portugal had near complete control of the ball, but managed to miss quite a few key shots. Still, this exposes deficiencies in France. France's defense is also abnormally weak. A bit concerning for a team that has made it to the finals!  ::) France only got lucky through the penalty kick.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:57:35 am by Giancarlo »

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2006, 02:49:20 am »
How misguided. France should definitely not win this.

Yeah well... We've heard you (or read you) say how much you dislike the French before, so that's only to be expected of you, Gian. How ungraceful!

Well thanks to you others, and especially to Lucise for the pics of Thierry Henry  :D
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2006, 02:54:40 am »
Well thanks to you others, and especially to Lucise for the pics of Thierry Henry  :D

La belle Isabelle -  ;), Anke supplied the Henry pics, and God bless her for it!  ;D

Did y'all vote in the "who do you think will win the World cup" poll over at the Polling place?  Go on there and vote!  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2006, 03:04:59 am »
La belle Isabelle -  ;), Anke supplied the Henry pics, and God bless her for it!  ;D

Did y'all vote in the "who do you think will win the World cup" poll over at the Polling place?  Go on there and vote!  ;)

Should we still vote now? It's getting down to the nitty gritty!

I'll go vote.

I'm gonna vote for France! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2006, 03:13:59 am »
Party time in Paris! More than 500.000 people celebrated the French victory on the Champs-Elysées:   :)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2006, 03:22:22 am »
Anke supplied the Henry pics, and God bless her for it!  ;D

DUH! I got carried away and got that wrong! THANK YOU ANKE FOR THE PICS!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2006, 03:25:13 am »
Yeah, congratulations France!   :)

And, uh... do I have a dirty mind, or do you see the same as I do when you look at Henry's shorts? :P
(Do football players wear some sort of protection there, and could it have slipped sideways in all this running after the ball?)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:29:27 am by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."

Giancarlo

« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2006, 03:29:18 am »
Yeah well... We've heard you (or read you) say how much you dislike the French before, so that's only to be expected of you, Gian. How ungraceful!

Well celebrate your penalty kick victory. Forever how long it lasts. I dislike the French team because they lack the technical ability teams like Italy and Germany have. Argentina has better technical ability then France. Argentina got put into one of the toughest groups too. How disgraceful? Why is it? Because I'm attacking a team that doesn't deserve to win?

Keep in mind, I have nothing against the French people. Only against its government and cup team.

Giancarlo

« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:04 am »
Should we still vote now? It's getting down to the nitty gritty!

I'll go vote.

I'm gonna vote for France! :)

HOW DISGRACEFUL.

Why do you people hate the Italian team so much?