Author Topic: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! The World of Soccer  (Read 101469 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2006, 07:47:45 pm »
Bonne Chance France!

:D  C'est Possible!   :D

When is this game going to be played? Does anyone know?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Giancarlo

« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2006, 07:55:17 pm »
 >:(

Down with the French team!

FORZA AZZURRI!

Talent pays off in the end. I will be France's worst enemy the next week. I know the deserving team needs to win this, and it will be Italy

1982 REPEAT!

The game is at July 9th : 20:00

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2006, 08:02:25 pm »
France v. Italy will be Sunday 9pm Central European time, or 3pm EDT.
Germany v. Portugal will be SATURDAY 8pm local time, or 2pm EDT.
(Is that right?)

Anke: thanks so much for the pictures, and the article, which Ruediger read to me as I hemmed a skirt earlier today.  He's off to the Soccerfest that is Germany as we speak, and will probably watch Saturday's game in Stuttgart's fan park.  And visit Klinsmann's family's Baeckerei.  And bring me back chocolate soccer balls.  And Lion bars.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2006, 02:46:46 am »

Down with the French team!

You see Gian, I think I will be gracious and be happy for you if Italy wins.

You're such a young kid, I guess that will account for your attitude problem.

And for the record, I never accuse anyone wrongly  :)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2006, 02:49:16 am »
>:(

I will be France's worst enemy the next week.

Now if THAT doesn't speak for itself...
" - I'm vegan now."

Giancarlo

« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2006, 02:50:09 am »
Attitude problem?  ::) What attitude problem?  ::)

You're the same person who accused me of being xenophobic (and possibly racist)....  ::)

You did accuse me wrongly. I'm no kid either. I'm an adult. Treat me as such.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:51:51 am by Giancarlo »

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2006, 03:32:41 am »
Gian, stop being so paranoïd (or such a liar?); I never accused you of being xenophobic, much less racist, I just reminded you of a slip of your tongue, or fingers, because you were being so arrogant.

Look, I'll be a good girl now and put you on my ignore list (you'll be the only one), because you're so easy to annoy that I'm never gonna stop trying. I'll admit to that wicked streak in me  ;). Bye!
" - I'm vegan now."

Giancarlo

« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2006, 03:40:15 am »
Gian, stop being so paranoïd (or such a liar?); I never accused you of being xenophobic, much less racist, I just reminded you of a slip of your tongue, or fingers, because you were being so arrogant.

Look, I'll be a good girl now and put you on my ignore list (you'll be the only one), because you're so easy to annoy that I'm never gonna stop trying. I'll admit to that wicked streak in me  ;). Bye!

You are accusing me of more things that are simply not true. I'm not arrogant. You are the one who is typing posts up without thinking. Fine, put me on your ignore list. You are going there too. BYE!

So easy to annoy? Really? Since when? You're wrong in every regard.

I'm placing you on my ignore list too. I can't argue with someone so bitter and rude.

Giancarlo

« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2006, 03:41:46 am »
 ;D Much speculation has given Italy the edge... a significant one at that matter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13733998/page/2/

Coaches:
Sometimes, the World Cup is a matter of nerve, as much as anything. Jose Pekerman of Argentina became too timid with a one-goal lead over Germany, pulling two of his best attacking players and then blowing the match. By contrast, Italy coach the braver Marcello Lippi went with four forwards in the final minutes of overtime against Germany, scoring two goals and avoiding the dreaded penalty shootout.

Domenech is not a beloved figure among the France players, and he emanates neither the fatherly aura of Lippi nor the emotional commitment of a Luis Scolari. He is more a cold-hearted tactician, but then he has such leaders on the field that he requires neither a pep talk nor a blackboard.

EDGE: Italy

X-factors:
France is likely to start five players over age 30, with only three off days since its semifinal victory over Portugal.

Italy has had the easier, less wearing brackets – with the big exception of that match in Dortmund. With the extra day of rest and a younger roster, the Italians should be fitter.

The problems on France have been more internal, minor mutinies against Domenech. The outside crises that have dogged Italy at this tournament – the bribery probe and the apparent suicide attempt by a former Juventus teammate – have only brought the Italians closer together.

“They are the best team in the tournament, a homogeneous group,” said Thuram, who was a teammate with five of them at Juventus. “I feel they have a great solidarity. In the past, there were always problems with that team, but now they are working together.”

Always remember: The first goal wins. No loser in the final of the World Cup has scored a goal since 1986.

PREDICTION: Italy 2, France 0.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2006, 03:42:40 am »
The following article is from the international sites of Spiegel-Online. It describes the current mood in Germany quite well:  :)

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,425267,00.html

Funny, I never thought of the Germans as moaning pessimists! But yeah, great article. What it says at the end about the minorities is exactly what happened in France in 1998. So I hope that spirit lasts in Germany, because unfortunately it didn't in France. We would need a French victory every 4 years for that feeling of fraternity to last here  ;).
" - I'm vegan now."