Author Topic: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! The World of Soccer  (Read 101651 times)

Giancarlo

Re: Tor! Tor! Tor! Tor!!!!! FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2006, 02:25:21 pm »
Zidane incident UPDATE

There are rumors here in Spain that Materazzi did use an italian expletive to provoke Zidane. He allegedly called him "terrone". I don't know what it means, but I'm told is a very offensive term in italian.

Those are just rumors and no one can know for sure. I think only Zidane and Materazzi can know what was said (and maybe some teammates around if they heard it). But still, teams are known to taunt the other team in any sport. I know that from playing sports myself. It is should just be ignored. Remember the old saying some of us say when we were kids: "Sticks and stones breaks my bones but words never hurt me."

That still applies.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2006, 03:41:22 pm »
Those are just rumors and no one can know for sure. I think only Zidane and Materazzi can know what was said (and maybe some teammates around if they heard it). But still, teams are known to taunt the other team in any sport. I know that from playing sports myself. It is should just be ignored. Remember the old saying some of us say when we were kids: "Sticks and stones breaks my bones but words never hurt me."

That still applies.

Very easy for you to say Gian!  I have seen the way you react when you think you are being attacked, either here or on imdb...and it sure aint by ignoring it! 

I feel bad for Zidane, yes, emotions were high, it was the World Cup Finals after all!
Zidane lost his temper.  It's too bad he pounded the Italian player, but I am certain that he was provoked.
Shit happens!  He still remains a very great player and that is how I will remember him!
I just hope Materazzi was not majorly injured or anything.

Anyway ....

CONGRATULATIONS ITALIA!!   ;D

Giancarlo

« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2006, 03:43:17 pm »
Very easy for you to say Gian!  I have seen the way you react when you think you are being attacked, either here or on imdb...and it sure aint by ignoring it! 

I feel bad for Zidane, yes, emotions were high, it was the World Cup Finals after all!
Zidane lost his temper.  It's too bad he pounded the Italian player, but I am certain that he was provoked.
Shit happens!  He still remains a very great player and that is how I will remember him!
I just hope Materazzi was not majorly injured or anything.

Anyway ....

CONGRATULATIONS ITALIA!!   ;D

Listen up, if you're accusing me of being violent that's very serious. I will attack someone verbally (and I have tried  reducing that up a bit on IMDB), but in no way would I punch someone, headbutt them or assault them in any way. You better have some proof.

I'm much better on here then IMDB, because I don't have to deal with people like jec attacking me viciously. What do you expect me to do? Just let it go?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:52:37 pm by Giancarlo »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2006, 03:48:42 pm »
I really enjoyed all the terrific photos. You are all very talented!! What a spectacle!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2006, 03:55:36 pm »
If someone calls me a racist slur, I'm not going to head butt them. I'm going to shrug it off.

Listen up, if you're accusing me of being violent that's very serious. I will attack someone verbally (and I have tried lightening that up a bit), but in no way would I punch someone, headbutt them or assault them in any way. You better have some proof.

I am not going to argue with you.  I am not interested in accusing you of anything ..lol
All I am saying is that its easy to say "Ignore it" if someone makes a racist or nasty comment, but its not that easy.
And nope, I dont have evidence that you punch out people (that was not my point), but verbally, you dont let anything slide..do ya?  That's what I was saying.

I am not supporting what Zidane did.  I can see him losing his temper  if he was insulted ...
I am not a violent person at all, but there are times I am ready to fight with someone if they are racist or call me a name ..
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:22:37 pm by Lucise »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2006, 04:30:43 pm »
Anke, more thanks for more pics.

PARTYOTISM -- perfect word.

Partyotismus?

Ruediger will be sending pictures -- he had a wonderful time in Stuttgart Saturday and Sunday (especially Saturday) and tomorrow he's headed for the Black Forest to visit friends.  Sigh, it is kind of a letdown that it's over.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2006, 04:44:29 pm »
Anke, more thanks for more pics.

PARTYOTISM -- perfect word.

Partyotismus?

Ruediger will be sending pictures -- he had a wonderful time in Stuttgart Saturday and Sunday (especially Saturday) and tomorrow he's headed for the Black Forest to visit friends.  Sigh, it is kind of a letdown that it's over.

Partyotismus. Absolut korrekt!  ;)

Glad your husband had such a great time at his old home. But then, what was to be expected overhere, hunh??  ;D
Look what I found on the internet: Klinsi, the baker of our football-dreams!  :laugh:

Your're right. It's a bit of a letdown that it's over. I hadn't thought that I'd ever say this before it started. I couldn't have been less interested in football not so long ago. But the magical atmosphere of that tournament just got me good, I guess. I, like so many others, became a huge fan of our young team and coach Jürgen Klinsmann. They have achieved something great. Everybody is hoping that Klinsi will remain national coach, but I have my doubts. After all, he has his wife and kids in Riverton California...

::)

So what are we gonna do now?? I guess everyday life will just strike again...  :laugh:

Bye, bye world! It was a pleasure to have you as guests!!!  :D

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:05:03 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2006, 04:51:43 pm »
Beautiful pic Anke!  :)
I'll say it again ... yer lil Franca is a DOLL!  :-*

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2006, 05:03:51 pm »
Thanks Milli!

That's us on our way to the pub to see the "small" final Germany-Portugal. Sigh!  :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:07:30 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2006, 05:22:37 pm »
Despite his red card in the final, Zinedine Zidane was elected "Best Player" of the World Cup by journalists!   :)

I hope he is not remembered by that foul.
I hope people look beyond that mistake he made yesterday.

J'espère que Zidane sera remémoré comme l'excellent footballeur qu'il est !!  :)

Most successful striker of the tournament: Miroslav Klose with five goals!   :-*

That is my boy KLOSE!  Woowee!

At it boy!!  :D ;D