Author Topic: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow  (Read 63933 times)

Helen

Re: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2006, 01:27:53 pm »
Let's see, I'm working on chapter 16 right now,

Oh goody!  :)

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2006, 05:52:55 pm »
Awww, Helen, I miss your lamb icon!  :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2006, 08:47:05 am »
Hey there!  Glad to hear you're enjoying the story!  Let's see, I'm working on chapter 16 right now, and then I've got everything detailed up to chapter 18, but after that there will still need to be atleast 4 chapter and then an epilogue. 

Honestly, I'm not sure what the exact count is, I always know where the story is going, but it takes me a while to figure out what each chapter outline is going to be.  I'll keep everyone updated, though!

Hey, good luck with writing those chapters. Gosh, I can't believe you've written all this, I'm impressed. I have been writing short stories (in Dutch) all my life (well, for as long as I can remember), but because of carpal tunnel syndrome haven't been able to for the past three years (can't type for long). Hopefully I will be able to pick that up soon, it saddens me that I am not able to use my creativity now but it's nice to read that other people are... ;)

Your story is one of my favorites, the other one I really like is If you asked. I am not sure if the writer is also on this board, have you read it?

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2006, 03:39:24 am »
I have a Canadian friend, who, before he went to college, was a grafitti artist. He signed his stuff 'twistedude."

twistedude=a relatively rare, but very satisfied  animal.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:42:20 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2006, 04:27:19 pm »
Hey, good luck with writing those chapters. Gosh, I can't believe you've written all this, I'm impressed. I have been writing short stories (in Dutch) all my life (well, for as long as I can remember), but because of carpal tunnel syndrome haven't been able to for the past three years (can't type for long). Hopefully I will be able to pick that up soon, it saddens me that I am not able to use my creativity now but it's nice to read that other people are... ;)

Your story is one of my favorites, the other one I really like is If you asked. I am not sure if the writer is also on this board, have you read it?

I haven't been doing much reading lately (no time...::shakes head in shame::) but I read the first chapter a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was fantastically written.  I really can't wait to continue it, I'm sure I've got an amazing read ahead of me.

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2006, 04:29:23 pm »
Okay, thought I should post the newest update to LMtYD.

Here it is!  Chapter 16!

http://marakeshsparrow.livejournal.com/21058.html#cutid1

Enjoy!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2006, 04:58:27 pm »

Here it is!  Chapter 16!

Enjoy!

Cheers Jess!  I just got the notification from fanfic.net!  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2006, 11:35:45 am »

Here it is!  Chapter 16!

Enjoy!

Aaaah  :), I was able to print this last night and I read it and thought it was good, I liked the dialogue and it left me wondering where it is going to lead!

I haven't been doing much reading lately (no time...::shakes head in shame::) but I read the first chapter a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was fantastically written.  I really can't wait to continue it, I'm sure I've got an amazing read ahead of me.

Yeah, if you do have the time you should definitely read it! There are now 9 chapters I think.

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »
I,ve just read the 16th chapter of this incredible story.  Now just read this reply that someone posted on there, he lives in Texas too.

QUOTE:
I don't know where to begin, my thoughts are hard to put into writing about this. Because of my name: James Twist, I was brought to see BBM in March by a female co-worker who fell in love with the story. She and I are long time friends and has helped me through my divorce with my exwife Louann, and said I have got to see this movie. I was completely bowled over, went back 4 more times to get my feelings sorted out. I'm 46, considered myself not queer but attracted to guys. I just never found the right one yet to take that first big step. My friend printed out your story and gave it to me yesterday and I read it all last night. I can't believe the emotions I'm feeling right now, Thank You, you are a very, very good writer!! I hope to one day find my Ennis and the tenderness you write about. This old man sure appreciates this story and I long for more. Thank you!!!
Jim
(Reply to this) (Thread)  END OF QUOTE

Is that spooky or what?? :o :o :o

Always and forever. J&E.xx

mvansand76

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2006, 06:34:22 am »

Is that spooky or what?? :o :o :o

Wow, that IS spooky, we should invite this person to join bettermost!