Author Topic: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow  (Read 64145 times)

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
Re: Lead Me to Your Door by marakeshsparrow
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2006, 10:09:18 am »
I,ve posted him the link to this page and told him about the gay thread etc, so fingers crossed he will join us!! I still keep thinking about it... it is spooky isnt it?
Always and forever. J&E.xx

mvansand76

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2006, 12:06:36 pm »
I,ve posted him the link to this page and told him about the gay thread etc, so fingers crossed he will join us!! I still keep thinking about it... it is spooky isnt it?

Yeah it is, I hope he will join!

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2006, 04:36:27 pm »
I,ve just read the 16th chapter of this incredible story.  Now just read this reply that someone posted on there, he lives in Texas too.

QUOTE:
I don't know where to begin, my thoughts are hard to put into writing about this. Because of my name: James Twist, I was brought to see BBM in March by a female co-worker who fell in love with the story. She and I are long time friends and has helped me through my divorce with my exwife Louann, and said I have got to see this movie. I was completely bowled over, went back 4 more times to get my feelings sorted out. I'm 46, considered myself not queer but attracted to guys. I just never found the right one yet to take that first big step. My friend printed out your story and gave it to me yesterday and I read it all last night. I can't believe the emotions I'm feeling right now, Thank You, you are a very, very good writer!! I hope to one day find my Ennis and the tenderness you write about. This old man sure appreciates this story and I long for more. Thank you!!!
Jim
(Reply to this) (Thread)  END OF QUOTE

Is that spooky or what?? :o :o :o

Very cool that you posted Jim's comment here.  I think it's definitely crazy, and would love it if he came and joined the group!

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
Hello all,

I followed a link to Bettermost from marakeshsparrow's livejournal.  Thank you for inviting me and your interest. I admit, this is almost unbearable (not the group!) but what is going on.  Bear with me please, I don't write well and it's taking me a long time to write this out. I'm basically a loner, do my work, come home, have a couple of friends but more like acquantances to be honest.  I have a good friend at work and she talked me into seeing Brokeback Mountain with her and from that point on my life has been in turmoil, I never had emotions so strong before even when I was married!  Because of my passionless marriage I got divorced, no kids though, my ex an I remain friends.  I got into the movie as an almost obsession and got a copy of the short story and I often cry after reading it. I don't know how many times I read it but I can identify with Jack and Ennis on so many levels, I feel like I'm both of them rolled into one! I knew I was different all my life but couldn't cope with not doing what other folks wanted me to do like getting married.  I married Louann who I thought I loved but I didn't know at the time I really couldn't love her the way I needed to, and with a lot of soul searching, I explained to her my attraction to guys and that in all fairness to her and me I couldn't stay with her.  I tried going to various gay bars and can't identify with the guys there.  I don't act like them and hate the promiscuity they have.  I'm discovering online meetup places but haven't found the right guy there yet but will keep on trying.  My friend at work showed me Lead Me to Your Door, and all my feelings are coming to a head again, this is really unreal!  I'm dying for more, and I promise you good folks to keep you posted as to what goes on with me.  'night now, Jim Twist.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 07:02:09 pm by jmstwist »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2006, 04:29:55 pm »
Welcome Jim,

You may be interested in exploring the "Safe Haven" forum here on Bettermost which is for gay and lesbians who have been affected by Brokeback Mountain to share their tales and struggles.  This forum (FanFiction) is for discussion of the stories shared by readers and viewers who have worked out the story of "Brokeback Mountain" by writing fictional endings or "alternative universe" retellings of the original story.  But for sharing and emotional support you may wish to explore these other areas of Bettermost.  Believe me, you are not alone:  there are thousands upon thousands of others who have been affected by Brokeback Mountain, and their names aren't "Twist" !
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2006, 08:50:35 pm »
Hello all,

I followed a link to Bettermost from marakeshsparrow's livejournal.  Thank you for inviting me and your interest. I admit, this is almost unbearable (not the group!) but what is going on.  Bear with me please, I don't write well and it's taking me a long time to write this out. I'm basically a loner, do my work, come home, have a couple of friends but more like acquantances to be honest.  I have a good friend at work and she talked me into seeing Brokeback Mountain with her and from that point on my life has been in turmoil, I never had emotions so strong before even when I was married!  Because of my passionless marriage I got divorced, no kids though, my ex an I remain friends.  I got into the movie as an almost obsession and got a copy of the short story and I often cry after reading it. I don't know how many times I read it but I can identify with Jack and Ennis on so many levels, I feel like I'm both of them rolled into one! I knew I was different all my life but couldn't cope with not doing what other folks wanted me to do like getting married.  I married Louann who I thought I loved but I didn't know at the time I really couldn't love her the way I needed to, and with a lot of soul searching, I explained to her my attraction to guys and that in all fairness to her and me I couldn't stay with her.  I tried going to various gay bars and can't identify with the guys there.  I don't act like them and hate the promiscuity they have.  I'm discovering online meetup places but haven't found the right guy there yet but will keep on trying.  My friend at work showed me Lead Me to Your Door, and all my feelings are coming to a head again, this is really unreal!  I'm dying for more, and I promise you good folks to keep you posted as to what goes on with me.  'night now, Jim Twist.

Jim, so glad to see you here!

I think you'll find it helpfull by getting "in" with an online community.  You can talk with others that share a similar passion for Brokeback Mountain with you.  Also, I'm so glad that Lead Me to Your Door has been able to touch you and has been able to bring your feelings back "to a head".  It's wonderful to hear.  Thanks again for sharing with us!

Best Wishes,
Jess (Marakeshsparrow)

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 12:19:25 am »
 Hello, hello, hello!

Just to let you all know, I hopefully will have Chapter 17 posted by Wednesday!

Cheers!

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 07:15:58 am »
Hello all,

Welcome to the community Jim, I hope you will find a safe haven here! Keep us posted and keep posting!

Mel

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2006, 08:56:45 am »
Thank you all for the great welcome, and most of all Thank You Jess for the best story I've read, as you can imagine it touches me deeply!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2006, 09:04:43 am »
Thank you all for the great welcome, and most of all Thank You Jess for the best story I've read, as you can imagine it touches me deeply!

Hey Jim, welcome to our little group. Glad to have you here! I hope you'll consider venturing out and reading some other stories, too. There are plenty to choose from...

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!