Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120057 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Who Loves Fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2006, 10:27:06 pm »
Mahi mahi is a fish called 'dolphin' or 'dolphin fish', not the mammal called dolphin which is protected by law, David.

I spent the first twenty years of my life in Indianapolis and I remember it wasn't till after I moved to nearer the ocean (first Portland Oregon, where I found out about fresh Pacific salmon, now Boston) that I got enthusiastic about fish. 

For now, it's enough if you enjoy Schubert's trout quintet...(since I see from some of your earlier posts that you could play almost all the parts)

Thanks for the explanation Andrew.  :)

Yes, I love Schubert. I can play some of the parts, but not at the same time! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2006, 03:23:41 pm »
Can we have a report on the condiment ketchup taste test pleaz??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2006, 08:35:16 pm »
Can we have a report on the condiment ketchup taste test pleaz??

Umm........hmmmmm...........

what?

Are we to start using ketchup on the fish tacos now?  ???

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2006, 03:06:39 pm »
I don't really like fish either. I used Catfish when I made the fish tacos. Actually, it tasted a little bit like fried chicken.

I'm with ya there.  If I'm eating fish, it can't taste like fish at all so catfish is about all I can handle.  It does taste a little like chicken.  Oh, salmon isn't bad either.

If it smells like a fish or tastes like a fish, it's not going in my tummy!
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2006, 09:40:33 pm »
If it smells like a fish or tastes like a fish, it's not going in my tummy!

The smell is the worst as far as I'm concerned. It lingers in the house for days. I can't ever seem to get rid of it. Awful!

And then their little fish bones and fins sit in the trash can rotting until the truck comes by and takes it away.

BBBLLAAAGGGCCHHH!!!!! :P

Yucky!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2006, 03:29:43 pm »
Do what the natives did and plant the fish bones, then plant some corn on top of it. (I sometimes package up the bones and freeze them until trash day. Or, you could ask your fishmonger to "dress" the fish for you so there are no leftovers.) BTW, I made fish tacos with cod last night. The cod is a firmer fish than catfish and doesn't fall apart so easily. The resulting taco tastes the same though--heavenly!! I had some wasabi horseradish mayonnaise with it, and with a toast to Katherine, a generous sprinkle of chopped cilantro.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2006, 08:15:21 pm »
Do what the natives did and plant the fish bones, then plant some corn on top of it. (I sometimes package up the bones and freeze them until trash day. Or, you could ask your fishmonger to "dress" the fish for you so there are no leftovers.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Burying the fish bones and fins wouldn't work at my house. My dog Cody would dig them up, probably eat them (or at least try to) and bring the rest into the house and deposit them on my lap. :P

I could ask the fishmonger to remove everything from the fish. I never thought of that. Cory (my boyfriend) likes fish, and sometimes he will bring fish home from the grocery store. The WHOLE fish. Of course he leaves it up to me to cut off the heads and clean them. Maybe I better buy the fish from now on! :)

Like I said, I really don't like fish... but Cory does.

mvansand76

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2006, 06:26:07 am »
Is this the famous fish taco polling place?

I HATE fish, I cannot STAND fish, I don't LIKE fish...

>:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:09 pm »
Is this the famous fish taco polling place?

I HATE fish, I cannot STAND fish, I don't LIKE fish...

>:(

You're in good company! Apparently a few of us here don't like it either... including me.   :P  Yuck.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
We are here to introduce U to the wonderful world of fish. Don't be frightened...come with me. You can do this. I'm from Wichita Kansas and I have made the journey and arrived at the destination... Take my hand...open wide...!!!