Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 229900 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2006, 11:40:17 am »
i love your pic isabelle!  smiling is over-rated!

Thank you! And yes, I agree, pics where I smile just look so... corny!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2006, 03:59:23 pm »

I agree.  A brooding glower is so much more mysterious and sexy, doncha think?

Isabelle, (God, I love that name.  My grandmother's name was Isabelle, so I am really attached to it.) that's a beautiful picture.  You look so Frainch.  All you need is a Gauloise elegantly held between your fingers, and it'd complete the picture.

By the way, where was that photo taken?  It looks like the side of a volcano or something.  Or is it the ocean?  I can't tell. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:43:26 pm by Chanterais »

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2006, 04:31:23 pm »

I agree.  A brooding glower is so much more mysterious and sexy, doncha think?

Isabelle, (God, I love that name.  My garandmother's name was Isabelle, so I am really attached to it.) that's a beautiful picture.  You look so Frainch.  All you need is a Gauloise elegantly held between your fingers, and it'd complete the picture.

By the way, where was that photo taken?  It looks like the side of a volcano or something.  Or is it the ocean?  I can't tell. 

Hey, Chanterais (French sounding name, always wondered about it till you posted an explanation in that thread, for which thanks).
Was your grandma French? And are you extremely young?? This name was boringly common for girls born in the 60's (like me).
So I look sexy, do I? DO I? WOW, thanks for the compliment! Say it any time, right? LOL! But people (non-French) usually tell me I don't look very French. And yeah, I do smoke sometimes, but ever so seldom (and NOT Gauloises!). Your post made my day, thanks!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2006, 04:34:21 pm »
[
[/quote]

It was taken by the sea (the English Channel) when I was touring around the Isle of Guernesey, where Victor Hugo sought asylum at some point. I am the volcano, temper-wise!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2006, 04:38:42 pm »
My turn (again). Here's a photo of me & my Harley  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:44:36 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2006, 04:58:30 pm »
Hey, Chanterais (French sounding name, always wondered about it till you posted an explanation in that thread, for which thanks).
Was your grandma French? And are you extremely young?? This name was boringly common for girls born in the 60's (like me).
So I look sexy, do I? DO I? WOW, thanks for the compliment! Say it any time, right? LOL! But people (non-French) usually tell me I don't look very French. And yeah, I do smoke sometimes, but ever so seldom (and NOT Gauloises!). Your post made my day, thanks!

My grandmother was from Evanston, Illinois.  But I'd really like to pretend that she was French.  No, I'm not extremely young.  I wish.  24, and feeling like an old lady with the ammount of work I have to do today.  Ah, labour.  It's so ageing.

Verrrrrrrry sexy, cigarette or no cigarette.  Actually, I can't be the only non-smoker who finds smoking kind of beautiful, if it's done right.  I sort of lament the fact that elegant long cigarette holders went out of fashion.  Or maybe it's better that way.  I might have to take up smoking if holders did come back into fashion, just to look fabulous.

Pas de Gauloises, huh?

I grew up mostly in the U.K. (London), but I've never been to Guernsey.  Now you've made me want to.

And I'll say it again (and again):  Isabelle is the sexiest grand dame in the world.  Mlle Deneuve, watch out!  The volcano is erupting!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #326 on: April 06, 2006, 05:07:04 pm »
And I'll say it again (and again):  Isabelle is the sexiest grand dame in the world.  Mlle Deneuve, watch out!  The volcano is erupting!

[/quote]

Hahahahaha!! Oh thank you, thank you. I used to have one of those cigarette holders, I LOVE them too. But getting on to 40, and been quitting for the past 10 years, so I'm getting there (don't even smoke every day, nor every week).
" - I'm vegan now."

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2006, 07:05:29 pm »
Juan - lookin' good  :-*

LOVE the Harley, Front.

Isabelle - tres belle, mon amie (sorry, too lazy to put in accents right now :) )

Man, I gotta stop coming to this thread, y'all are too attractive, I keep forgetting to breath!  ;D

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2006, 07:18:39 pm »
Says the woman with the hypnotic blue eyes!  Very much....

Roof
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2006, 07:22:47 pm »
(it's probably hard to tell from the avatar, but)They're green, actually, but thanks hun :-*