Author Topic: Come to Pridefest in NYC next weekend and visit my booth!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Come to Pridefest in NYC next weekend and visit my booth!
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »
Hey everyone,

I have posted about this on the Chez Tremblay board, but in case you didn't know, I am going to have a booth at the big humongous gay pride festival, Heritage of Pride, in New York City next Sunday, June 25th. I will be selling Brokeback-related t-shirts from my online t-shirt shop that I opened a few months ago.

Keeping with my mission, I will be donating any profits I receive from the sale of my shirts to the Matthew Shepard Foundation, since part of my response to the movie is a desire to end all homophobia and hate crimes. (No matter where you stand on the tire-iron debate, a murderous hate crime was the cause of Ennis' internalized homophobia, and that kept them from having the life together that they deserved.)

So come on down and see me! I'd love to meet any brokies I haven't met yet, and I'll be there as long as it takes to sell out my inventory. I am going to be the booth between--get this--the ACLU and BRAVO networks! I love that location and I hope to make a lot of new friends.

Hope to see you there!

Jenny
p.s. click on the link below to see some of the shirts I will be selling at the festival, or to order them yourself.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:36:33 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Come to Pridefest in NYC next weekend and visit my booth!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 03:05:35 pm »
Okay, I'll try to get there!  But where will it be?  ???
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:45:04 pm »
Good question Meryl.

The booth itself will be on Hudson St near Leroy, about 4 blocks south of the Cowgirl I think. It's on the west side of the street, between the ACLU booth and the BRAVO networks booth. The festival starts at 11 am and goes till 10 PM! I hope I sell out of shirts quicker than later.

I could really use some coordinated efforts from people like you and Juan and Amy so that I get to take a little break every two or three hours and make like a sheep (i.e., pee!) Do you think we could arrange that? I know Juan is going to be marching with a team he plays on, and will call me on my celll when he's near by, but maybe we could set up something via PM.

I'll start that now.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 12:31:01 am »
I sure wish I could be there for it. New York City is a long way from me, and unfortunately my vacation time is used up for this year.

I wish you all the luck in the world though, and I hope everyone has a lot of  fun!

Certainly I will be thinking about everyone there. It sounds like a blast! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 11:47:48 am »
Jenny -

I am on the other side of the country but I certainly hope all went well TODAY! 

Get some rest now.

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 05:33:37 pm »
I saw Jenny today!  She was manning her "booth," which was basically a table and a clothes rack down on Hudson Street amongst many, many food and merchandise booths and lots of people.  A very nice display, and a terrific banner, too!  She had sold around 10 shirts when we stopped by about 2:30 and had a list of e-mail addresses for orders.  Though it had rained earlier, she survived by putting plastic over the merch.  8)

I just missed seeing Dee Dee, but I got to talk to her by cellphone.  It was so crowded and sticky-humid, neither of us wanted to walk the blocks necessary to meet up!  We'll connect later, I'm sure.  ;D

My friends from London and I ate at the Spotted Pig, just around the corner from the Cowgirl, and I recommend it.  Good food and a charming cottage-y atmosphere.  Both Heath and Jake have been known to eat there, so that gives it an added pizzazz!  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28:01 am »
Hello Bettermostians,

I posted this on the Movie Resources forum too, but tryin to cover all the bases, so hope it's welcome here.

As for my booth experience, it was a loooong day, but went relatively well despite bad weather and being near the end of the festival route. The good news for you all is that I have some shirts left over that I would REEALLLY love to sell, since I am just a few shirt sales short of making some $$ for the Foundation.

Please click on the link below to see the shirts I have left (they are displayed on a Chez Tremblay thread I started). If you buy these from me, after about 8 or 9 initial sales, the entire amount will go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. So, you can be getting a great shirt and making a $20 to $25 donation at the same time.

If you can't afford the price I have listed, please PM me, and we can work something out.

Anything you see that you like, please PM me for my address or email, so you can send me money for the shirt via paypal or check. Thanks for helping out and enjoy the shopping! (PS: SCROLL HALF WAY DOWN THE PAGE TO SEE SHIRTS)

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2660.30

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 02:05:26 am »
Jenny, I looked at your shirts and they look beautiful. Unfortunately I don't think they would fit me. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall and I need a large size tee shirt because of my height.

I will check around though and see if anyone I know might be interested in some of the smaller sizes.

Thanks for telling us about them.  They really do look great! :)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:45:15 am »
Thanks for looking David! Just wanted to point out there are two styles in large--the Jack Twist/Jack Nasty! one, and the "You may be a sinner.." one. If you usually wear a large T, they will be fine. But I sold the XLs I had. Of course, you can still get them in the store online by clicking at the link in my sig line.

Thanks again for the interest, it's much appreciated.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:15 am »
Thanks for looking David! Just wanted to point out there are two styles in large--the Jack Twist/Jack Nasty! one, and the "You may be a sinner.." one. If you usually wear a large T, they will be fine. But I sold the XLs I had. Of course, you can still get them in the store online by clicking at the link in my sig line.

Thanks again for the interest, it's much appreciated.

Sure thing Jenny. I will let you know if I decide to get one. :)