Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014815 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 06:38:28 pm »
Well, I didn't say this out loud, but when I entered the subway on my way home from work this afternoon, I sure enough said to myself, "Damn, summer in the city. This subway smells like cat piss or worse!"

;D

(I think it was actually the "or worse.")
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2006, 06:01:57 pm »
Some a my facial expressions -

Jack in the doorway, right after LD says, "I'n he the spittin image of his grandpa?"

Lureen at her desk, waving her fingers, counting "two, three times a year." And I say that as often as possible too.

Ennis after Jack says, "tying knots all day."

Ennis lookin' at Jack with love after sayin' "probably deserved it."

Ennis looking off to the side with tears, while sitting in the trailer with Alma Jr.

Alma Jr. right after sayin' "that's alright Daddy" in the truck.

Cassie crunchin' her nose over "castratin' calves."

I've considered giving the look Ennis gives Alma in the grocery store that convinces her to take the girls pronto.

Oh, a favorite - the last look Ennis gives The Basque is he's leading the mule away at the bridge.

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2006, 06:05:20 pm »
*lol*  These are great  :)

Like everyone else I find myself using "tell you what" not only in my posts and conversations with friends online but also spoken in actual conversation.

I call my husband "cowboy" all the time now - and actually I caught HIM using cowboy while we were in Alberta ... there we were driving down the road and this road maniac passes us going close to 70 (WAY over the speedlimit) and there goes my husband shouting "WHOA!  Slow down there cowboy"  ... I about lost it *lol*

I have used "This is a goddamn bi$ch of an unsatisfactory situation" with a friend who sadly said Crash was better than BBM *lol*

I have also recently used "You may be a sinner but I ain't yet had the opportunity" with another one of my friends still in college who was considering doing some rather shady things.  Luckily the lawyer in me convinced him otherwise *lol*

As far as facial expressions ... I'm a lot worse when I'm wearing my cowboy hat.  When that baby is on I'm in total BBM mode.  Luckily my husband still thinks its cute.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2006, 02:15:32 am »
Tonight, unloading the dishwasher, I'd already put a bunch of the dishes away when I pulled out a spatula that still had food on it. With horror, I realized: These dishes have never seen water in their lives!

Oh, a favorite - the last look Ennis gives The Basque is he's leading the mule away at the bridge.

Oh, that's a good one -- I do that, too. That quarter-of-a-second smile. Kind of like the one he gives as Cassie is dragging him onto the dance floor. "Ennis ... del Mar."

Another one I try to incorporate is Ennis when he asks the girls if they need a push or sumpn.

mvansand76

« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2006, 07:33:41 am »

Jack in the doorway, right after LD says, "I'n he the spittin image of his grandpa?"

OMG! I do these two all the time! In stores, with colleagues, my boyfriend, parents etc. I thought I was crazy (might still be). Because I can't use Brokeisms (English not native language) I have to do with facial expressions!

mvansand76

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2006, 07:40:32 am »

I call my husband "cowboy" all the time now - and actually I caught HIM using cowboy while we were in Alberta ... there we were driving down the road and this road maniac passes us going close to 70 (WAY over the speedlimit) and there goes my husband shouting "WHOA!  Slow down there cowboy"  ... I about lost it *lol*

As far as facial expressions ... I'm a lot worse when I'm wearing my cowboy hat.  When that baby is on I'm in total BBM mode.  Luckily my husband still thinks its cute.

:laugh: That's classic!

Yeah, I also wear my cowboy hat and I also go into full BBM mode when I do, my boyfriend is also more accepting then...

mvansand76

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2006, 08:36:01 am »
oh oh!!  :o you know what I also do, in the very beginning that thing Ennis does with his lips when he first leans against the trailer, before Jack arrives. Anybody know what I mean?

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2006, 09:33:41 am »
oh oh!!  :o you know what I also do, in the very beginning that thing Ennis does with his lips when he first leans against the trailer, before Jack arrives. Anybody know what I mean?

Yes! But I can't really do it, so I have actually practiced trying to do that one!!! (Not in front of a mirror, though. I'm not that crazy -- yet. Just when I'm, say, driving or waiting in line or sumpn.)

Offline stevenedel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • BBM - The Steven edition
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2006, 04:37:32 pm »
I tuck my shirt into the back of my pants every time I get up. But come to think of it, I did that even before I saw BBM...

And today, somebody said to me I could be sure of something "hunderd percent", and he changed into Aguirre on the spot.
If god had wanted people to be oppressed, he would have created bigger elephants. - Loesje

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2006, 05:09:08 pm »
I tuck my shirt into the back of my pants every time I get up. But come to think of it, I did that even before I saw BBM...

And today, somebody said to me I could be sure of something "hunderd percent", and he changed into Aguirre on the spot.

Oh no!

Ik heb hem (Aguirre) vanochtend gezien... mijn werkgever!  :o

And I thought  I was the only one these kinds of things happened to! ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.