Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014880 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2006, 08:35:30 am »
'Nother one. I was talking about one of the achievements I am most proud of, playing Alma on the Performance Thread. I boasted to lauragigs that I got the chance to play Alma "through the flipover scene" and my daughter, who was half listening, started laughing so suddenly that iced tea went up her nose!!  ;D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

mvansand76

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2006, 10:47:58 am »
Three weeks ago, I was preparing for our camping trip to Switserland and the tent we were bringing was lying at the top of the stairs and I called to my boyfriend to come bring it downstairs and then I realised the price tag was still on the bag that holds the tent and the poles.  the last time we used it was 2003, so I shouted to my boyfriend "Price tag still on it, after three years!". The only thing my boyfriend gave me was one of his cute confused looks!  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2006, 06:48:53 pm »
Somebody asked me a question yesterday, and I answered "Sure do!" just the way the bartender does when Jack asks if he knows Lureen. I love the way he says that line.

And here's one you don't get to say every day: My husband out of the blue the other night said that when he dies he wants his ashes scattered at a certain place, and asked if I'd do that for him. So I said, "I'll make sure your wishes are carried out -- bout the ashes, I mean."

If I'd said "your wishes is carried out" it would have been cooler, but that would have sounded a little too weird coming from me.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2006, 07:02:08 pm »
I was driving my hubbys car yesterday and put in a cd he had there....it was a compilation of country and western songs......well dang me, guess what came on...."King of the Road".....I'm singing along to it, and when it got to the part "king of the road" couldnt help but hit the steering wheel and have a big grin on my face at the same time.........

I love how happy Jack was feeling when he sang that song, it made it all the more sad, when Ennis turned him down.....but whenever I hear that song now, I will think of the sheer joy that Jack was feeling.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline fruitbat

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2006, 07:36:42 am »
I was driving my hubbys car yesterday and put in a cd he had there....it was a compilation of country and western songs......well dang me, guess what came on...."King of the Road".....I'm singing along to it, and when it got to the part "king of the road" couldnt help but hit the steering wheel and have a big grin on my face at the same time.........

I love how happy Jack was feeling when he sang that song, it made it all the more sad, when Ennis turned him down.....but whenever I hear that song now, I will think of the sheer joy that Jack was feeling.......
Ditto that Katie. Can't help watching that without feeling more than a tinge of sadness knowing what follows, but for that moment isn't that smile something to see?

Back O/T, i did the exact same thing at work (well almost). The song came over the radio and i just HAD to grin and bang my fist down on my desk.  ;D At least my work buds don't bat an eyelid anymore!! :-X

mvansand76

« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2006, 12:50:58 pm »

Oh my God Katie!! I did the same while listening to this song while driving through the Swiss mountains! Hee hee hee...The scariest thing is, I didn't even think about doing that, it just happened!!!!

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2006, 05:26:07 pm »
Oh my God Katie!! I did the same while listening to this song while driving through the Swiss mountains! Hee hee hee...The scariest thing is, I didn't even think about doing that, it just happened!!!!

I think you're saturated with Brokeback Mountain.  I know I am.  Many things I do reminds me of the movie with out me noticing it at first.  Recently I often look at my driverside mirror then take a deep breath just like Jack was doing whan they parted, but didn't realize it until I've done it.  Many of my Brokieisms usage became subconscious now.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2006, 05:43:14 pm »
Looks like we are all "steering wheel, hitters"....isnt it amazing, and we do it, without even thinking......I love it.....

Also, how many of us use the term "never enough time" now, when we dont have the time to do things we would like to do.....I used to use the term "I havent got the time"...now, its just "never enough time"...it says it all......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2006, 05:49:25 pm »
Looks like we are all "steering wheel, hitters"....isnt it amazing, and we do it, without even thinking......I love it.....

Also, how many of us use the term "never enough time" now, when we dont have the time to do things we would like to do.....I used to use the term "I havent got the time"...now, its just "never enough time"...it says it all......

Oh I use that a lot now too!  Even at work when I couldn't get my work done, I would say that.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2006, 05:56:57 pm »
I tell you, FRiends, it's real FRustrating when your son is earning an F in English...and you're a professional writer and English major!! So, I told him, "This is a (ahem) unsatisfactory situation" and he shot back "Mom, it's AN unsatisfactory situation, not A unsatisfactory situation!!"

"chewing gum and duct tape"