Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014881 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2006, 12:15:48 pm »
As if we don't already have way too many goodies in the office for Christmas, today somebody brought in chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting with chocolate sprinkles.

I cut myself a small slice.

I said: "I'll take a piece for later. I can't eat no cake just now."

;D
Do our colleagues wonder why our grammar has gone all to hell these past few months??!!

My latest brokieism is that when people wonder why I don't go Xmas shopping or watch television anymore, I just spread my hands out (with imaginary gloves) and say, "I gotta work..." in a plaintive voice.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2006, 03:18:54 pm »
Do our colleagues wonder why our grammar has gone all to hell these past few months??!!

My latest brokieism is that when people wonder why I don't go Xmas shopping or watch television anymore, I just spread my hands out (with imaginary gloves) and say, "I gotta work..." in a plaintive voice.

I think mine do. We just had a pizza lunch to celebrate a colleague's birthday. Someone noticed when I said, "I'm gonna have me another slice." Not exactly a Brokieism, but I guess that qualifies as Brokienglish.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2006, 11:23:58 am »
Somebody stole the pencil sharpener.

Well, I suppose it hasn't really been stolen, but. ... We had this really good electric pencil sharpener that lived on a shelf in the room with the copy machine. It put a really good, even point on your pencil. This morning, when I went to sharpen a couple of pencils, the pencil sharpener was gone, and I know not where it is.  >:(  You can imagine what I had to say about that: "A goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2006, 03:02:15 pm »
Can anybody beat this one? A pic of me in my straw cowboy hat made it onto the front of our Christmas card!!

And here is the pic:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
Great pic, and the mountains in the background really set the Brokeback theme....

Merry Christmas !!!!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Faye92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »
Hi Katie.

What a nice picture! That's you Front Ranger?

My real life Brokieism is "I swear." Being a southern gal, I've used this phrase for years until my grandma scolded me as a little girl and told me that it's a sin to swear!!   :o

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2006, 02:57:13 am »
Can anybody beat this one? A pic of me in my straw cowboy hat made it onto the front of our Christmas card!!

And here is the pic:

Four beautiful people and one beautiful view! I can't wait to see two of them, anyway, next week!

Offline angry little lawyer

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2006, 03:57:02 am »
LOL. It just so happens that this last week my little brother was working on a report for school and we needed our cool three hole pucher that punches three holes at a time..the three hole puncher was broken and my mom asked exasperadedly what we were going to do now. So I walk up to her with my single hole puncher and actually said "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it."

However, my mom appears to have more Jack in her than Ennis because she managed to fix the three hole puncher.  ;D

Just today I went looking for a jacket that I knew for a fact was buried under a mountain of clothes in my room. I stared at the clothes mountain and thought "well this is a goddam bitch of an unsatisfactory situation."

Post script: I'm actually quite proud of myself for saying "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it" flawlessly because for some reason lately, I find myself completely unable to say this quote. Must be the combination of having the word "fix" in the quote and the word "broke" in the title of the movie because every time I try to say this quote I end up saying things like "If it ain't broken you gotta fix it." "If you can't stand it, it's broken" or "If you can't fix it, its broken."
If I take that aspirin....then I took it
-The Wisdom of 12 oz. Mouse

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2006, 06:53:55 am »
LOL. It just so happens that this last week my little brother was working on a report for school and we needed our cool three hole pucher that punches three holes at a time..the three hole puncher was broken and my mom asked exasperadedly what we were going to do now. So I walk up to her with my single hole puncher and actually said "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love it! I'm already mentally stockpiling Brokeisms to confuse my folks with over Christmas! ;)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2006, 01:19:10 pm »
Thanks everybody, about the picture I mean. That photo was taken just before we went to see Crosby Stills Nash and Young in concert. That's the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in the background, from whence I get my name.