Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014911 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2007, 09:42:59 am »
Yesterday before leaving for work I went up to my husband who was standing at the campfire stove making breakfast and gave him a dozy embrace. I think I will always do it that way!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:28 pm »
My son and daughter in law announced last week that they were expecting a new baby in september........then yesterday, my son told me the names that they have chosen....Madison if its a girl, and Jack if its a boy.......

I turned to him with a big smile, and out of my mouth came, "Jackfuckin' Twist"....I swear, I couldnt stop the words spilling out of me.....

My son laughed, and said "I knew, you would think of Brokeback when I told you that".....and I laughed and said, "good, and I love the name"......

Only trouble now is.......if it is a boy, and he's called Jack, how the hell am I ever gonna be able to say his name without thinkin' "fuckin' Twist" after it..........

Maybe it might be best if it turns out a girl........I like Madison (Maddy) too........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2007, 08:47:33 am »
My son and daughter in law announced last week that they were expecting a new baby in september........

Congratulations, it's always a joy when a new baby comes to the family  :).

then yesterday, my son told me the names that they have chosen....Madison if its a girl, and Jack if its a boy.......

I turned to him with a big smile, and out of my mouth came, "Jackfuckin' Twist"....I swear, I couldnt stop the words spilling out of me.....

:D That's sweet, funny and understandable.  :D

Only trouble now is.......if it is a boy, and he's called Jack, how the hell am I ever gonna be able to say his name without thinkin' "fuckin' Twist" after it..........

Call him Jackie as long as he's little. Later you will be used to Jack without 'fTwist' behind it  ;D.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2007, 11:01:15 am »

:laugh: My son's name is Jack, and I've never once been even momentarily tempted to think or say "Jack fuckin' Twist" to him (of course, now I will probably think of it). He's 10, so I knew him for a long time before I saw BBM, though. And, as Chrissi suggests, we started out calling him Jackie.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »
Plus, there's no stoppin' a heavy-duty Brokie from adding those two words after ANYone's name. :)

Congratulations on the future grandbaby, Sue!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2007, 07:03:15 pm »
Thanks everyone for your best wishes on the new grandchild.....

Have a feeling that the little bloke will end up with an "add on" to his name anyway....dont ask me why, but with our other two grandsons, instead of shortening their name, we actually add on something extra...like Jai,(pronounced Jay).. we add on "man", and call him "Jai Man"...and Logan, we call "Logan Berry".....so guess if Nana gets in first, little Jack might just happen to get "Jack Twist"...(I'm sure I can curb my thoughts to leave out the f***n' bit)......

Anyway......might not be a little Jack....might be little Maddy (Madison), where no doubt, I will think of "County" on the end of that one......Bridges of Madison County, was probably my all time favourite movie before i saw Brokeback.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2007, 02:07:57 pm »
I ran an errand to the post office over my lunch hour.

Here in Philadelphia this afternoon, the sky is gray and lowering, and the air is damp, with a certain smell to it that usually precedes snow. So when I got back to the office, I said to my cubemate. ...

"It's gonna snow tonight for sure."

:D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2007, 02:16:39 pm »
Gee, Jeff, I hope it does.  Our East Coast tent don't look right somehow without it.  :P

I was listening to the weather on the news this morning when the words Del Mar jumped out at me.  The weatherman was describing the weather south of us in an area he called the Del-Mar peninsula:  where Delaware and Maryland come together.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2007, 02:25:11 pm »
Gee, Jeff, I hope it does.  Our East Coast tent don't look right somehow without it.  :P

I was listening to the weather on the news this morning when the words Del Mar jumped out at me.  The weatherman was describing the weather south of us in an area he called the Del-Mar peninsula:  where Delaware and Maryland come together.  8)

:laugh: You sure you didn't just miss the last syllable? It's usually "Delmarva." Virginia comes in there, too, down at the bottom.  ;D

A winter without snow don't sound quite right, either.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2007, 02:30:35 pm »
:laugh: You sure you didn't just miss the last syllable? It's usually "Delmarva." Virginia comes in there, too, down at the bottom.  ;D

Nope, he just said Del-Mar.  Must be a closet Brokie.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...