Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014799 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #430 on: June 14, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
let's see.

at the Co. bbq, I was hugged goodbye by one of the members at breakfast, and he said to me....

"I don't wanna say good bye.  It's not fair, Chucksie....it's not fair."

my reply

"Life's not fair, but if you can't fix it, ya gotta stand it."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #431 on: June 14, 2007, 10:17:11 pm »
I guess, especially ever since I bought the Story to Screenplay Book, I've been using certain expressions even more.  Most of my fellow workers, of course, don't have a clue about what I'm saying, and I kinda like to keep 'em guessing a bit.

I find myself saying "Tell you what" a lot, especially when I'm trying to emphasize an important point.
Of course, when I'm a bit upset with someone, "Son of a whoreson bitch" seems to just slip out. A lot!
When things just don't seem to be working out, "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it", is my usual response.
And sometimes, just to tease someone, especially some of my closer friends, "I wish I knew how to quit you" just flows off my tongue.

Naturally, I try to say all these things  in a 'Wyoming with a smattering of Texas' accent.

There are probably more, but I'm sure others have much better Brokieisms to share.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:22:24 pm by THE WINGS »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2007, 11:52:35 pm »
That's how come Lee end up here.  ;D

OMG, that's a good twist on a Brokeism!! Can I steal it?!

Better than my "there ain't no rains on this one" about Rodney's Mustang convertible!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2007, 12:19:47 am »
OMG, that's a good twist on a Brokeism!! Can I steal it?!

Better than my "there ain't no rains on this one" about Rodney's Mustang convertible!

Sure enough, Lee!  But "no rains" is pretty damn fine.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2007, 11:04:49 am »
I just saw a Today show segment about a dad who was having trouble balancing work and family. One big problem, the reporter said, was that

HE WAS COMMUNTIN FOUR HOURS A DAY.

Wonder if that reporter is a Brokie?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:57 am »

Ha!  I thought it was a typo til I read Meryl's response.  Good one!

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
I used 2 brokeisms today. The first one- I am a teacher and some of my students were around my desk turning in books and asking questions about the final exam schedule, among other things. It got a bit overwhelming and I said to them-
Why don't you just "let me be." They looked at me as if I was crazy, and at that moment I felt like I was going a little bit "crazy."

The second was when I got home and the Ennis in me wants everything to be perfect so as I was fixing my blinds I said to my husband- "the blinds don't look right." This was one day that I wish that I was in that tent that didn't look right. LOL

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2007, 10:38:01 pm »
OK, here's a kind of crazy one. I was taking a walk today and saw two chairs next to each other in someone's backyard. Only they weren't side by side -- one was pulled up directly behind and against the other, facing in the same direction. Maybe because it was a weird arrangement for chairs (you wouldn't be able to sit in the back one without moving it) or maybe because Brokeback got me good, but looking at these two chairs made me think of the Dozy Embrace!!  :o ::) ;D

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #438 on: June 19, 2007, 11:39:10 pm »
That is so funny. We even look at inanimate objects that remind us of Jack and Ennis. ;D

I was on my terrace and looked to the left and what did I see-the reflection of a red light bouncing off of someone's window. I felt like I was Jack looking at the fire while Ennis was in the camp. Brokeback definitely got us good.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2007, 06:24:36 am »
I used 2 brokeisms today. The first one- I am a teacher and some of my students were around my desk turning in books and asking questions about the final exam schedule, among other things. It got a bit overwhelming and I said to them-
Why don't you just "let me be." They looked at me as if I was crazy, and at that moment I felt like I was going a little bit "crazy."

You didn't call anyone in the class a son of a whoreson bitch, though, did you?  When that happens, you will have gone a might far.  :)