Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014893 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2007, 11:49:36 pm »
...After a moment, I realized I was replicating Heath's sartorial buttonization.  Not BBM, but BBM-related.  :)

???

Hunh??   :)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #501 on: October 27, 2007, 12:01:51 am »
???

Hunh??   :)

Clearly not a denizen of the Heath Heath Heath thread, are you Lynne?  :)  Though I did make up the word buttonization.  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2007, 12:21:46 am »

Clearly not a denizen of the Heath Heath Heath thread, are you Lynne?  :)  Though I did make up the word buttonization.  :)

Fine!  I'll go research it myself!!  >:( >:( :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2007, 01:49:08 am »
Fine!  I'll go research it myself!!  >:( >:( :D

I thought you were just teasing me.  We've been talking about Heath's sartorial and tonsorial issues - two words new to many Heathens, and fun to use.  I'm trying to find those posts with search, but not having luck.  It's in the last month or so.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2007, 10:49:40 am »
This was nothing that was said, but I felt like Ennis when:

I was at work and had free time, so I sat at a desk by the window. When I looked out at the parking lot, I felt like I was Ennis looking out of Jack's bedroom window. Then, I noticed the book in the window that is there to hold the window up- just like the stick that was used to hold Jack's bedroom window up. Whenever I open the window, I always have to put a book there so that the window won't fall on anyone's hand, but I never associated that with the stick used for Jack's bedroom window until now.

Also, when I looked to my left as I sat at the window, was a closet that I use to put my things in. Again, I never associated this room with BBM until now.
This was a weird, but a good feeling.

The brokeisms continue..............................

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2007, 11:47:57 am »
My husband bought a GPS. We used it for the first time when we went on our vacation a few weeks ago. My husband asked me to name the GPS system (the female voice in it). His collegue had named the voice Claudia, after the receptionist of their company.
We were driving through our neigbour village when we talked about that. And we drove another way than the GPS suggested. The femal voice continued to say we should drive to the right at the next crossroads. And at the next, and the one after this one, and so on. The female voice just wouldn't shut up.
It was easy then to name it: we now have our own LaShawn  ;D.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2007, 04:07:17 pm »
Yesterday morning, as I was making breakfast, I put on "Spiritual" by Charlie Hayden and Pat Metheny.  My daughter was drawing at the table.  After a few moments of the music, she got down from the table, picked up her most beloved doll, and stood their holding it to her chest and slowly rocking.  She turned it into a little ballet, and then was done.

As you probably know, "Spiritual" is the piece of music that Annie Proulx says she played over and over as she was writing the Dozy Embrace scene.

It felt like a hushed miracle, and I wish you all could have been there.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #507 on: November 01, 2007, 06:53:37 pm »
Yesterday morning, as I was making breakfast, I put on "Spiritual" by Charlie Hayden and Pat Metheny.  My daughter was drawing at the table.  After a few moments of the music, she got down from the table, picked up her most beloved doll, and stood their holding it to her chest and slowly rocking.  She turned it into a little ballet, and then was done.

As you probably know, "Spiritual" is the piece of music that Annie Proulx says she played over and over as she was writing the Dozy Embrace scene.

:o
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2007, 11:33:05 pm »

That's awesome, Clarissa.  Thanks for sharing.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #509 on: November 02, 2007, 09:26:08 am »
Thanks for that, Clarissa.

It is like a lullaby.