Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014805 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2008, 08:38:34 pm »
Yeah, my family is much the same.....at first when i got "obsessed" they thought it would pass......(Mum's on a Brokeback Mountain kick)

When i tried to explain just what the movie was all about....(yeah, Mum, sounds good)

Then when I hung posters and stuff all over the wall in the bedroom we use as an office.....(Well, lets just humour her, it will pass)

But gradually, and as time went on, they realized that it wasn't going away......

And the first phone calls I got on the day that Heath died, was from my two sons saying...."Are you Ok mum?"

And now, when I watch the DVD ....again....my hubby always sits with me, for the final scene, and says "Thats really sad, isnt it"........

......and I know, that NOW he really does know how I feel.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #581 on: August 18, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »
And now, when I watch the DVD ....again....my hubby always sits with me, for the final scene, and says "Thats really sad, isnt it"........

What a great guy!!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2008, 11:45:27 am »
As you can see, my fixation is pretty well  known to my family

I had a moment like that with my mom.

Mom had seen the film with me, and knew of my Brokeback fixation.  She couldn't understand the fact that I was so close to the people on the forums.  She couldn't conceive that people could get close over the 'net.

One day, I got a package from Europe.  A friend from the Netherlands sent me a copy of the DVD she made of the first BBM Backyard BBQ in Texas 2 years ago.  I popped it in, and just at that moment Mom walked in.  She sat down and watched the whole DVD with me.

It came time for the good byes, and she watched us all hugging and crying.....and I turned to mom, and she had tears running down her face.  She looked at me and said:

"I wasn't even there, and I'm crying.  I don't know how you all got through it.  I get it now."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #583 on: August 20, 2008, 12:28:12 pm »

Mom had seen the film with me, and knew of my Brokeback fixation.  She couldn't understand the fact that I was so close to the people on the forums.  She couldn't conceive that people could get close over the 'net.

One day, I got a package from Europe.  A friend from the Netherlands sent me a copy of the DVD she made of the first BBM Backyard BBQ in Texas 2 years ago.  I popped it in, and just at that moment Mom walked in.  She sat down and watched the whole DVD with me.

It came time for the good byes, and she watched us all hugging and crying.....and I turned to mom, and she had tears running down her face.  She looked at me and said:

"I wasn't even there, and I'm crying.  I don't know how you all got through it.  I get it now."

Bless her heart!
That is so cool!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #584 on: August 20, 2008, 04:23:51 pm »
It is great Chucky, isn't it, when finally, those around us, know, that this is not just a one shot thing.

It is so much a part of who we are now, and will always be and maybe earlier in the journey it was nobody's business but ours but, there are now so many things we need to share with others about this, that its refreshing to be able to talk about it to them, and know that they do understand...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #585 on: August 21, 2008, 10:20:22 am »
nobody's business but ours

I do use that line from time to time.  :D :D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #586 on: August 21, 2008, 02:43:54 pm »
Bless her heart!
That is so cool!

I will second that. I would LOVE for just one person close to me to get it.Not that anyone knocks it.In fact most I have introduced, think it's a pretty good movie.Not one however has developed the fixation I have. Well, one has but I am a very long way away from him.
It would give me such pleasure to have someone in flesh and blood who I could chatter away with about BBM.
My family humour me and I don't talk to friends about it anymore as they just glaze over.
I have had 2 brief respites ,when I could casually drop it into a conversation, one being the terrible events of Jan, and the other when TDK came out.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #587 on: August 21, 2008, 03:45:34 pm »

I love this story, Chuck!  Thank you for sharing it with us.  :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2008, 03:51:01 pm »
Brokeism for recent times: When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #589 on: November 11, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »
I can't live on a couple a high-altitude Brokeisms a month!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"