Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76187 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 01:47:06 pm »
I would have like to have seen what happened in between Jack's:

"Tell you what ..... the truth is ..... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it" and the next scene where it shows Ennis and Jack sleeping ...Ennnis' arm around Jack.

Sigh!

I second this one, too!  :-*

And dly64, welcome to BetterMost and the OF! I just noticed that was your first post. That was a great one to start with. Glad to have you here.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:48:48 pm by latjoreme »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 02:00:21 pm »
Just before  Ennis says "Jack....I swear" I wish that several before unseen short clips were run showing big smiles, good times, warm embraces,etc...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:01:05 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 03:01:03 pm »
Thanks for welcoming me. I am a transplant from IMDb. Just found out about this site today! :)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 04:43:31 pm »
I'd love to see this scene during their last fishing trip: 'they set up camp without saying much, picketed the horses in the meadow. Jack broke the seal on on a bottle of whiskey, took a long, hot swallow, exhaled forcefully and said, "That's one a the two things I need right now" capped and tossed it to Ennis.'
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 09:29:08 pm »
There are two other scenes I would love to see ....

SNIT: What happened after the gentle and comforting kissing scene? I am sure this would be very different than the FNIT. How wonderful and tender the sex would be .... they would be "making love" vs. just having sex. Sigh!! I am getting heart palpitations.

The second one I would like to see ...

After SNIT scene ... unsure actual timeline: Jack and Ennis are joking around. Ennis' belt is undone. They fall to the ground and kiss. Then we don't see what else Aguirre is seeing. According to the book, Aguirre waits to go down to the camp until Jack and Ennis have both put  on their pants and Ennis has left to go up to the sheep. Yeow!!! ::)
Diane

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 09:39:03 pm »
Well, maybe we can put more details into the Chez Tremblay performance...
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 02:22:24 am »
Finally, something we can really agree on, Diane!  :)

One of the things that I love about BBM is that both the emotional part of the relationship and the sexual part of the relationship are extremely compelling. Most movies, it seems like one or the other (or neither) might be powerful, but in this case both are breathtaking.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 12:07:49 pm »
is that both the emotional part of the relationship and the sexual part of the relationship are extremely compelling.

Agreed.  But I would love to have seen even more of the emotion, more loving glances, embraces & even slight touches - a LOVE affair that even the most resistant viewer could not deny. 
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 02:00:10 pm »
Me too! Of course, the MOST resistant viewer wants no love or sex at all, and probably bolted during the first tent scene. But we can do without them.

You'd think Ang could at the very least have allowed a few more "loving glances, embraces & even slight touches" -- like the  post-coyote-shooting pushes, or the post-Earl-story cheek caressing -- without violating his damnable code of restraint.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 05:17:26 pm »
Me too! Of course, the MOST resistant viewer wants no love or sex at all, and probably bolted during the first tent scene. But we can do without them.

You'd think Ang could at the very least have allowed a few more "loving glances, embraces & even slight touches" -- like the  post-coyote-shooting pushes, or the post-Earl-story cheek caressing -- without violating his damnable code of restraint.

I would have also enjoyed seeing more overt affection ... especially from Ennis.

You will have to bear with me when I quote from the story, but I love Annie's descriptions. I would have loved to have seen this in the film! This would have been after the "sometime I miss you so much" dialogue:

Jack slid his cold hands between Ennis' legs .... and they rolled down into the dirt. One thing that never changed: the brilliant charge of their infrequent couplings .....

Note: I did leave out some dialogue. But these lines were my favorite and summarized brilliantly Jack and Ennis' relationship ... even at the end.

Diane