Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681418 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: **********THE PERFORMANCE! For Real!!!!!*************
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2006, 05:50:21 pm »
**Understudies, oh yes puhleese!!  I already sent in my CV, but I was not even called for an audition. :'(   I just *know* I would make a really excellent  John C. Twist!  **

**Hell, I c'n even chaw tabacca, ev'n if it not in the script!   and spit!  you never seen such a good spitter, I bin commended highly for the distance 'n accuracy of my loogies.**

**Ya won't be sorry if'n ya choose me, I swar! :P **
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:45:04 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2006, 06:28:05 pm »
Not on yer f'ing life!

%%slams down phone%%
or
***slams down phone***

**since Mr. Rayville is probably asleep still, I'll just toss in these notes that he might want y'all to get**

=the marks for any movement are (( it goes here )), so it would be ((slams down phone)). and so too, for David Thomas, you gotta go like this: **Ray! blah blah blah!**=

**call me the know-it-all-horse-with-a-low-startle-point, if you must**

**I agree that we shouldn't have rest periods for the whole cast and production crew now that I see Elle's logic, but I still don't want anyone to take my part away! Elle, you can call me if you're still up and they start doing the getting-ready-to-go-up-the-mountain scene where I first appear!**
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:32:05 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2006, 06:52:44 pm »
%%  Ok, actors are really something else.  I guess they know without them, there aint gonna be no movie!
Ahh, as long as I am getting paid, my ass remains here with my lovely sheep!  :)  %%

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2006, 07:33:31 pm »
Lol, I was posting on the other forum for a moment, the one about the dress rehearsal. Didn't see this one.

I seem to have missed some of my cues (didn't I tell ya'll to wait til I got here? Just now got off work.) Aguirre is driving to work? Yes?
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2006, 07:51:00 pm »
**Okay, I'm posting this same message on both threads.  I've done a bold thing, without permission.  I took the IMDb credits list for the film, and have transmuted our cast list into ORDER OF APPEARANCE.  You can see which roles are unfilled.  This is a work in progress.  I'm inviting myself to help coordinate casting, as a servant only.  So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.**

The current cast list is now found in the first post of this thread.  Break a leg.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:11:53 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:38 pm »
**Psssst! [whispers loudly] Daniel! Check out the marks in the first post of the Final Rehearsal thread so you're up to speed with how to do lines vs. aside comments or questions; and thoughts; and movements. And, for the record, you haven't missed any cues yet! All Ennis has done is get out of the truck, but he still has to lean awhile against the trailer and let the train go by, smoke half a cigarette, etc, 'fore you can come up in your truck with your sweet self. I think. Okay, enough backseat directing! I'll shut up now.**

**P.S. I gotta go have supper in about 20 minutes with my folks, so I hope we're not too far into the movie when I come back! Cause I'd be reeeealllly ready to throw Jack if I didn't get to be in my first scene with him!**
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2006, 08:15:09 pm »
Okay, I'm posting this same message on both threads.  I've done a bold thing, without permission.  I took the IMDb credits list for the film, and have transmuted our cast list into ORDER OF APPEARANCE.  You can see which roles are unfilled.  This is a work in progress.  I'm inviting myself to help coordinate casting, as a servant only.  So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

The cast list is found in the first post of the "dress rehearsal thread."  Break a leg.

yes yes yes yes  I want a part!!!

((pant! pant! pant!))     :) ;D

Jane
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 01:37:04 am by JakeTwist »

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2006, 08:25:08 pm »

So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

I would like to be

John C. Twist! 

I already grovelled to be the understudy fur ol' man Twist, but this is even better!!!  Yeehaw!!! :D

Jane

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2006, 08:30:38 pm »
I would like to be

John C. Twist! 

Your in the Cast List now, Jane!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2006, 08:37:44 pm »
A note to the audience: This scene is not in the original film and is slightly out of context with what has already been presented, but I think it helps get me into character and the action flowing a little.

YOUNG JACK:

((gets in the old rickety blue truck for the long drive to Signal. Puts his head out the window and looks at Ma Twist who is standing in the doorway looking on.))

Bye, ma. Gonna see if that Aguirre'll hire me for sheep herdin' again. Tell Pa I'll be back home in the fall.

((pulls his head back into the truck, starts the ignition. The engine sputters to life and the blue truck rolls off.))

**That one young man, untenured and alone
Should face his fate and destiny perturbed
And in the sense of worthiness of one,
would witness heart and soul disturbed.**
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:17:36 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.