Author Topic: OT: A bit of personal life information!  (Read 10278 times)

vkm91941

Re: OT: A bit of personal life information!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 04:58:37 am »
to love

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one. Not even an animal. Wrap it carefully with hobbies and luxuries, avoid all entanglements and keep it safe in the casket of your selfishness. But in the casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable".

C.S Lewis The Four Loves

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 11:52:10 am »
Thanks everyone!   :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:58 am »
Hi again Chris,

I do feel ya pain.  And I repeat what everyone else has already said, we are with ya.
Your little boy has indeed been blessed with a dad like you.
Keep strong!

xox
Milli

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 12:08:59 pm »
Chris,
I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you and your son. Take good care of you both.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 01:04:04 pm »
Chris, thanks for more information.  It sounds like you are holding up admirably well under the circumstances.  Lots of hugs and good vibes are going out to you from all of us!  Take care!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 09:23:18 pm »
Chris, this is really tragic news. I'm very sorry you have to go thru this. You are very admirable for stepping up to the plate and taking care of your beautiful son.
I'm sending you my thoughts and care. You'll make it through this!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 08:40:10 pm »
I found out today that I am going to take part in a seemingly bitter divorce from my wife of almost 3 years.  Her lack of love and care for my son has pushed me too the edge, she left last week and I recieved divorce papers this morning...it turns out that she doesn't even want Charlie Jacob...she isn't even gonna fight for him...you have no idea how bad that hurts...

As someone dealing with my own family issues, let me say I can relate to the angst you are going through and I am sorry to hear about it.  It sounds like a lot of these issues are related to parenting issues, and perhaps that indicates the problems are entirely her own and not related to you or your son.  Be sure to take care of yourself as best as you can.

My thoughts are with you and yours.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 11:21:09 pm »
Another supportive thought from Henrypie, Chris.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 11:56:21 pm »
Just now reading this shocking news. I'm so sorry for you Chris, and for Charlie Jacob. Neither of you deserves 1/10th of what you're dealing with. Maybe it isn't post partum depression, maybe it is. It certainly sounds like the shock of the responsibility is too much for McK to handle right now, and regardless of any diagnosis, counseling would be great for her, or for both of you. Easier said than done, though, I'm afraid.

I second the questions about how much practical help you are getting--time off for paternal care, or family help, or just supportive listeners.

I think I speak for us all when I say you can and should lean on us now. You're such a positive and strong person, I've always admired that about you. And yet nobody would blame you now for needing to vent--a lot. So talk away, in chat, or here, b/c you know we care, and want to do anything we can for a brokie, and a friend, in need.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 04:28:58 am »
Chris, I only joined the bettermost message board yesterday, but i was still saddened to hear what is happening to you.

I immediatlely thought, like a few others on here, that she may be suffering from post partum depression, and you should get some help in seeing if this is the case, and getting some help for her, for the sake of your darling son, and yourself.

I know i dont know you, but my thoughts are with you at such a sad time, and i hope there is a happier solution to all this for you, your wife and your son
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection