Author Topic: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.  (Read 8982 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
So far.  I predict another 10-20.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:49:33 am »
It great to see so many familiar names!

:D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:06:09 pm »
Just another reminder about ancient history.  Who would have guessed that March could feel so long ago?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:26:50 pm »
yes, that seemed like a life time ago. so much has changed for me, both here and in RL.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:43:10 pm »
LOL, when I saw this thread I didn't notice the date of Elle's OP. I thought it was posted today. I was rather confused. Thanks for bringing this up again Amanda!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:43:22 am »
I listened to this fellow speak on NPR the other night about why civilizations live or die.  We had quite a cohesiveness of spirit back on March 30th, when I joined here.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 01:11:50 am »

I'm not sure if there is a joining procedure or some sort of protocol to join the Chez Trembaly thread.

I have been a member of the board for a few weeks, and have been contributing threads to all the forums, so I hope I havent been out of line, joining in here.

I actually came to this forum first, because it had so many posts, it is a great forum, and I like all the others too, now I have had a chance to read thru them.

Please let me know if there is some membership criteria for joining Chez Tremblay.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:23:29 am »
Katie77, the secret passphrase is, "Want a cup a coffee, don't ya?  Piece a cherry cake?"  To which the appropriate reply is anything as long as it ends in "but I can't eat no cake just now."  You do that, you're in!

Seriously, this place is called Chez Tremblay, because it was originally started by about 50 of us moving en masse from our former cozy home on the Pierre Tremblay board located on the rat-infested sinking ship that was IMDb at the time.  Anyone who feels they are a part of the group IS a part of the group.  Welcome!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 01:38:40 am »
Hello my darlin' BetteMost people!  I'm sorry if I'm stirring up a bit of confusion.  But, I've been thinking that it's really important that we remind some of our old-timers and to show some of our wonderful newbies about some of the ancient history of BetterMost.  So, I've simply been going to pages, 18,19, etc. and bumping really old, original threads.  I want people to remember the feeling that people had when they first joined BetterMost.  We were all SO grateful for a haven from trolls!  We wanted a safe place where our community could exist in peace.  And, we wanted to conduct our extremely intelligent discussion of this wonderful, life-changing film - called Brokeback Mountain- in an environment untainted by trolls.

To my great delight, I met Katherine (latjoreme) today in my hometown of Pittsburgh!  It was a wonderful Brokie moment.  She was the one who invited me over from imdb.  Maybe newbies don't even know about the perils of "inviting" that existed in the early days.  I'm doing all this because I want all of us to appreciate what we have here.  We have a very special bond as Brokies.  Despite arguments and people who decide they need to move on from here... we need to remember how special this community is and how special it is for Phillip to provide this website for us.

with love and devotion,
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 07:58:16 am »
Thank you for the explanation of how the Chez Tremblay forum got started, and your welcome to me.....  I can completely understand you defecting from a board that got over run by trolls...

I did a similar thing, I was on the Yahoo message board, from March, and it has been my "best friend" since seeing the movie, and wondering "what the hell is happening to me"......but that board too, got in the hands of the trolls and as much I tried to ignore them, it eventually got the better of me, and so I heard about Bettermost and joined here...

I have been tring for the last couple of weeks, to get some of my friends to get over here with me...some have registered, but not many have contributed, which is sad, because their are some with a great sense of humour, and some good information to share....a few have said they will feel like "a small fish in a big pond" coming over here, but I have assure them, they will be made welcome, and just to join in.

I applaud the original 50 who defected together, and how obviously you have found a safe haven here.

Will someone please ask me if i want a cup of coffee, and a piece of cherry cake.....so I can become a fully fledged member of Chez Tremblay.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection