Author Topic: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 02:08:32 am »
Yes, the only reason we wanted to keep BetterMost a secret back then was because there were trolls who promised to follow us and wreak havoc wherever we went.  So that was behind the 'inviting.' rather than open announcements. 

Some of us (me included) were very paranoid back then - and with cause.  I had set up a Yahoo email address and invited people who wanted to stay in touch to send me their email address, so that we could find each other if the two IMDb boards totally sank (which looked like a real possibility at the time).  Most of the 40 or so people who emailed me were good old BBM-lovers, but there were actually 5 or 6 trolls who wrote too, trying to find out our new location, some posing as genuine CT folk.  That'd make a person paranoid.

Once we realized that the administration here at BetterMost really pays attention and cares about keeping the place troll-free, we opened up about it on IMDb.  We now occasionally DO post open invitations there to come check BetterMost out.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:07 am »

LOL, it looks like we started bumping this thread as early as summer of 2006.  So, I thought I'd give it another bump for the history books in honor of bump-fest.
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 12:32:21 pm »
Good idea, Amanda.  Only 3 years ago?  Seems like forever and like yesterday all at the same time.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:10 pm »
Seems like forever and like yesterday all at the same time.  :)

I know!!! It really is fascinating to re-read some of the posts in this thread.  About the trolls following Elle around, etc.  And, I have to laugh to read how I expressed myself and composed posts three years ago.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 06:27:41 pm »
And Katherine aint referred to as serious crayons or ineedcrayons.. but latjoreme - which if I remember rightly as because somebody typed your name wrong as a college student?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/