Author Topic: At The Risk of Adding to Some Bad News...  (Read 11949 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: At The Risk of Adding to Some Bad News...
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »
Add my voice to the chorus of well-wishers.  I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficult time you and your parents are going through.  We're all thinking of you!

all the best,
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 12:14:39 am »
Wow, Phillip, this is a lot to be handling. Thank you for letting us know, and I'm glad to hear of your little drives and visits to the mountain country. I'm glad you and your parents are gettting good care. I know what you mean about summer mood swings--I've done my battles with depression much more often in the summer too, for some reason. It's not fair is it?

Please take it one step, one breath, at a time. I'll even go out on a limb and recommend a book called The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle, if you want some help  getting into the present moment.

No matter what, please know how much we love and care for you here at BetterMost. I'm sending my best healing energies to you and yours.

With love,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 08:42:03 am »
all the best to you and yours Phillip.

Kelda
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 04:00:44 pm »
Phillip, let us know what we can take on to help.  Also, for uplifting, beautiful music, I've got a great Live 365.com radio station to suggest. ;)  Clarissa

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 12:03:17 am »
Dear Phillip,

So sorry to read of your hard times right now.I know exactly what you mean about seasonal highs and lows. As soon as November comes and the days are so short it starts hitting me. I don't really adjust to it until December is over .Every year it never fails.

My mother died of cancer 10 years ago. And yes Roswell in Buffallo was a wonderful hospital. The cancer was just too advanced by time she had it diagnosed. Early detection is the only way.

My dad died of cancer(brain) last Friday night. I guess I am still in shock. But he had a long fight and I feel he is now resting peacefully. It seems like your parents have caught it early and therefor it will make all the difference.

You seem like you have alot going on right now in your life. Alot to handle. Just know your not alone. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Geri
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

vkm91941

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 01:56:00 am »
Dear Phillip,

So sorry to read of your hard times right now.I know exactly what you mean about seasonal highs and lows. As soon as November comes and the days are so short it starts hitting me. I don't really adjust to it until December is over .Every year it never fails.

My mother died of cancer 10 years ago. And yes Roswell in Buffallo was a wonderful hospital. The cancer was just too advanced by time she had it diagnosed. Early detection is the only way.

My dad died of cancer(brain) last Friday night. I guess I am still in shock. But he had a long fight and I feel he is now resting peacefully. It seems like your parents have caught it early and therefor it will make all the difference.

You seem like you have alot going on right now in your life. Alot to handle. Just know your not alone. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Geri

Geri I am so sorry to hear about your Dad!  You have my heartfelt sympathy.  I lost my Mom 2 years ago April and I still miss her every day.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 05:04:38 pm »
Glad to hear that Pennsylvania didn't go all Katrina on us yesterday. We'd all be some sad soggy doggies if our Brokie server got inundated (not to mention Phillip and John!!)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 10:43:46 am »
We escaped the flooding in southern/central New York.  It has rained with afternoon thunderstorms everyday, right around walk time, so I have been walking at one of the area's "dead malls" on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yesterday I was at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo with my mom from 8:30am-9:00pm.  It's an hour fifteen minutes away from us in Rochester.  They are trying a different chemo.  Unfortunately, it was very painful for her at the tumor site, but perhaps that is a sign it is working.

Also unfortunately, we learned yesterday that my father has tested positive for colon cancer and will be admitted to hospital within a week to begin surgery to remove one affected area of the colon.  We do not yet know how extensive the cancer is.  If it was caught early enough, long term prospects are reasonably high.  If not, things will be more iffy.

Having to deal with two parents each with different cancers at the same time is, as you might expect, quite overwhelming.  We just have to take things day to day.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 10:58:40 am »
We escaped the flooding in southern/central New York.  It has rained with afternoon thunderstorms everyday, right around walk time, so I have been walking at one of the area's "dead malls" on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Let me guess:  Long Ridge Mall?  Greece Towne?  Or was that all combined into one years ago and the whole thing is dead?

Yesterday I was at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo with my mom from 8:30am-9:00pm.  It's an hour fifteen minutes away from us in Rochester.  They are trying a different chemo.  Unfortunately, it was very painful for her at the tumor site, but perhaps that is a sign it is working.

Also unfortunately, we learned yesterday that my father has tested positive for colon cancer and will be admitted to hospital within a week to begin surgery to remove one affected area of the colon.  We do not yet know how extensive the cancer is.  If it was caught early enough, long term prospects are reasonably high.  If not, things will be more iffy.

Having to deal with two parents each with different cancers at the same time is, as you might expect, quite overwhelming.  We just have to take things day to day.

I'm another who's thinking of you every day, Phillip.  My husband just went through this kind of thing last year and the year before with his Mom.  He's still recovering from what a very difficult time it was for her and for him and his whole family.  My heart goes out to you and to them.
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 11:05:17 am »
Phillip,

I bet one of the hardest parts for each of of your parents is it's hard to be as supportive as they would want to be to each other right now.  

You and your family have a passel of people caring about you.

Clarissa